We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to get away on my own - single female

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Want to get away on my own - single female

hi,

I want to get away on my own and am thinking of booking a week in Acapulco at the beginning of April to relax. Other than the usual, should I have any concerns as a single female from Canada? Any opinions to share?

thanks in advance! :)

14 replies to this topic
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

Just keep in mind that Semana Santa (Holy Week) begins April 9th and runs until the 17th this year. By the 12th or 13th, the city will be filling up with lots of vacationers. Lots!

Edited: 07 March 2017, 09:41
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

I was by myself in February and stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Very central busy location day and night. I went to many places on my own and it is fine as long as you are cautious like visiting any country. I was very lucky that there were so many English speaking tourists staying at the Crowne that I met. I am a friendly person and it turned out that I had a fabulous time meeting so many people. You will not have this situation in April as there will not be many English speaking tourists at that time. I have a suggestion check out on the Forum page 3 titled Hotels February 18 by Joy1232014. There is a single lady that has been going to Acapulco for 30 years and she is going April 3 probably back to the Crowne Plaza Hotel. She says in April there is no English speaking tourists at that time. Why don't you private message her and she can probably hook up with you or advise you better for visiting Acapulco in April.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

If you want calm and peaceful Hotel Elcano is perfect. It is 5 to 10 blocks from the very busy area but is still central located just off the Costera.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated! I am actually exchanging one of my timeshare weeks and have already chosen where I will be staying....planning to fly in April 2nd and out by the 9th so it looks like I will be leaving just before the Holy week. :)

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
853 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

Excellent timing!

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
28 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

I agree with the earlier post. The town is beyond crowded around Easter. The beaches are packed and traffic is horrible. The crowne plaza is nice. There right now. Ok internet, the rooms are clean and it is close to most things

New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

Hi, Joy here, I am who Donna mentioned. I will be in Aca the first two weeks of April. I always travel 2 Acapulco myself as it is the only time that I have that is just for me :) and have never had any problems.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

Thanks Joy, much appreciated! I am definitely looking forward to some "me" time :)

New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

Where are you staying in Acapulco? Are you on the castera?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Want to get away on my own - single female

I exchanged one of my timeshare weeks and booked a condo at the Grand Mayan

Reply to: Want to get away on my own - single female
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations