We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feels Great To Be Back ...

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Feels Great To Be Back ...

We arrived last Wednesday; but our luggage took the long route and came in Thursday afternoon. Have been going with the flow since then, and everyday is perfect.

Puente weekend was pretty busy and crowded. Still used to our January time frame, but anytime is a good time to be here.

Dinner last night at Zibu was awesome. Highly recommend it for a special night out.

Tapa Tapa in Costa Azul is also worth a visit. VERY reasonable prices. Their flan catalina, which is actually a creme brulee, is the best I have had anywhere! To die for! US$2.25

Pulpo al ajo at the Cabana was as good as ever; an enjoyable poolside stay at the Flamingos, followed by sunset; a day out at Vayma; and a relaxing poolside afternoon at the Malibu (and great conversation with Norton and Lois).

Another week to enjoy it all ...

Gotta go; we have dinner reservations tonight at the Malibu ... and to enjoy the show.

We feel blessed to be able to vacation in this wonderful city ...

More later.

40 replies to this topic
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

All of those places to stay are good choices. I have not been to Veracruz, so cannot give a 'visitor' opinion from that aspect, looks to be a bigger city atmosphere, but for the weather and beaches, and prices, and people...........I'd recommend Acapulco. I may be a bit biased, but........

You do know that by bus, (or taxi for that matter, which will be way more expensive) is approx. 5 hours, depending on traffic and freeway issues.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
782 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

What dates? Aca has great weather in the winter; Vera Cruz can be iffy. Bus to Acapulco is easy; but 4 plus hours from Mexico City; so that would be pricey by taxi! The Fiesta Americana is a great location and the rooms are large.

Edited: 31 March 2017, 07:37
Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,549 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

Having spent a cloudy drizzly day in Veracruz walking along the beach, I would choose Acapulco over Veracruz hands down. If you are used to our Gulf coast beaches, mid bay around the Fiesta Americana suggested by Miami would make you happy.

Level Contributor
1,520 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

Since there are offshore rigs around Veracruz I would probably have to believe there will be tar balls similar to our Texas beaches. Haven't been there but....

Edited: 31 March 2017, 10:53
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

You might go to the Veracruz forum and read the posting "location, Location, Location" Good info on swimming and beaches.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

You all are super awesome! Good to see input from my fellow Floridians too! I have read so much about Veracruz, although I think it sounds like an amazing place to visit, I don't believe it has the beautiful beaches that Ava has. I have decided Aca would be more to our liking since Mexico City is going to be our site seeing city touring adventure and the. Once that journey is complete, we will be ready to put our toes in the sand!

It sounds like bus would be easiest/more affordable travel plan from Mexico City to Aca.

This forum and each of you are really helping me put together a trip that I believe will be great! Thanks to all.

I read somewhere in the Aca forums that there are vendors selling things along the beach, that reminded me of the first time I was in Cancun at the age of 18. I was so excited to see these vendors selling wooden puppets and other fun trinkets. I think my son would really like that. He spends a good chunk of change when we are in Cozumel each year and loves the things he finds :) Are those vendors in one specific area of the beach?

We are thinking to visit in either May/June or October. I know that's a range in dates but I'm helping my son purchase his first car so I have to see where we are with our budget after that purchase and ... dun dun dun ...the insurance 🙄

MIAMI
Level Contributor
782 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

The vendors stroll the beaches and there are always the Markets scattered throughout town which carry the same items.

Just like Tampa, the humidity rises in May/June and in June the late showers will roll in.

Enjoy your trip. I am a huge fan of Mexico City-fabulous museums. Be sure to visit the Pyramids and one of the finest Archaeology Museums in the world. And, if you are inclined; the Frida Kahlo/Diego Rivera Museum, The Casa de Tilos, Museum of Modern Art., Palacio de Artes Finas.....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

When I stayed last year at the Elcano Hotel I found it interesting just watching the vendors on the beach balancing the fruit platters on their head or the guy that carries a red ice box barrel of ice-cream on his head with the cones on a tray. Then there are the vendors that have many hats on their head or inflatable toys strapped around their waist and shoulders. How about this one a vendor selling these small wood children’s chairs with the seat woven with colorful ribbon all balanced together like a pyramid. When I stayed at the Crowne Plaza since the roped off seating area is further back on the beach I didn't get to see many vendors unless they came up to the rope. A great flea market is located just across the street from the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Two years in a row I found exactly what I was looking for. The funniest thing is I happened to buy at the same vendor 2 years in a row. Since I was staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel this year I went last minute the night before leaving, across the street to see if I could find some souvenirs. Started at the 1st vendor and slowly made my way across. When I was at the very last vendor (far left and 1st vendor in front from street) this vendor says to me "I REMEMBER YOU" This man is so nice, he introduced me to his kids, speaks excellent English. We had a very nice conversation and even remember the year before he was very pleasant in helping me find what I was looking for. I had given him a $5.00 Canadian bill which he said he was going to add it to his collection of different currencies put on his wall as this is the 1st Canadian bill he has. I had to explain to him that we don't have anymore $1 & $2 bills anymore just loonies and toonies. If you do any shopping in this flea market make sure to go during the day especially since it is off season as a lot of vendors close early. I think they open at 10:30am.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

That's amazing Donna K! Running into the same vendor and getting a piece of his life! Thank you for sharing! Btw we just got home from our trip, well we cruised to Cozumel and several other stop, my 16 yr old son made best friends with a man well in his mid 60's, Canadian man. He was showing my son all the loonies and tunnies as my son collects money from all our trips. He told us about the old money that smells like syrup and was so cool! We actually had 75% of our cruise ship, full of Awesome Canadians! The most friendly people. Made for a great vacation.

I'll look for the markets you mentioned when I go, can't wait!

Edited: 01 April 2017, 05:58
NJ
Level Contributor
262 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Feels Great To Be Back ...

Hi you guys! Long time!

Reply to: Feels Great To Be Back ...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations