We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Day Long Island Getaway (Wineries/Breweries/Foodie)

DE
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
4 Day Long Island Getaway (Wineries/Breweries/Foodie)

Looking for a great escape Air BNB or Bed & Breakfast along with wineries/breweries, and foodie places. I grew up going to the hamptons, but I am looking to see it as an adult and plan a 4 day getaway. Can someone recommend where a great location would be? We are willing to make day trips. I realize Montauk is at the tip of the island. I have never been to Fire Island? Looking to plan days full of wine tasting and great food. Then other days hitting a couple of breweries like Blue POint. Just not sure where to actually sleep lol. Can anyone recommend or advise on some musts for an itinerary? Are the bike/wine tours fun? Any advice on a personal driver or service for transportation?

Edited: 27 September 2017, 11:32
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19,026 posts
1. Re: 4 Day Long Island Getaway (Wineries/Breweries/Foodie)

Who/how many people? What time of year? Will you be renting a car? What type of budget do you have (many places here are upscale and not inexpensive even off season)? Also off season many places are closed or open only weekends or shorter hours.

DE
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: 4 Day Long Island Getaway (Wineries/Breweries/Foodie)

Mid October, North Fork, Greenport, we will be driving from NJ. Looking for foodie, not just fancy.

3. Re: 4 Day Long Island Getaway (Wineries/Breweries/Foodie)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Long Island