We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

Dirty car and the driver was on the mobile the whole time. Thought the first time was a fluke and used her again this year. Same experience: a dented, dirty small van w/ a driver that chatted on her Bluetooth the whole ride. Charged us 50 Nas to Harborside. We will use another service at Xmas.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,319 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

I never recommend anyone in particular. A cab for two to Paradise Island is $32 plus $2 for the toll bridge and a tip. This rate is standard and regulated by the Government.

bahamas-treasures.com/bahamas/Nassau_Taxi_Fa…

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

Best taxi service in Nassau: Charles Rolle "Taxi 871" at 422-0806 or 323-4555. We have known him for over 40 years and have used his services every time we have returned to Nassau. He is the best! Return visitors may know him as the former maitre' d at the old Buena Vista restaurant and hotel on Delancey Street.

3. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 August 2011, 05:05
New England
Level Contributor
66 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

Must have been a mix-up because we just returned from Atlantis and could not have been happier to use Fergies. It is a family run service and the son and daughter we had were great. Polite, ontime, clean and professional.... The only way to travel from and to airport.

LI, NY
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

There was no mix up. Gave her service the benefit of the doubt by using them again this year. The vehicles were seriously filthy, the drivers in attentive and for $50 (4 pp - no stop) we felt ripped off when they asked for "anything else" = give me a tip. Again I was truly surprised given the good reviews Sandra receives on the board.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

Not going to get into the details, but we used Sandra once, and though it was okay, I guess I was expecting better service than other drivers we've experienced because of what we read on this message board. I have found many others drivers who I would be more inclined to call again- have rarely had a bad experience...most cabbies are hard-working honest people, who have been known to help us make "better" decisions than what we originally intended, and for that I am grateful.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

Honestly, her taxi service was fine. she answered my emails quickly which I appreciate. Her son Wesley picked us up from the airport and was charming and sweet. The only complaint I had was our driver on the way back to the airport ( cannot remember his name) stopped on the side of the road to try and buy a calling card form a vendor ..I was a little taken aback by that. The traffic was horrible on the way to the airport and him doing that made us get behind two giant trucks going very slow. If we had been pressed for time I would have blown a gasket. lol..I just thought that was rude. Dude... do that on your own time.

I'd use her again, but I am never going back to Nassau so it doesn't matter.

Hackettstown, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

we used her two years ago, ride in was good, stopped for groceries and liquor, but she never came to pick us up for the return to airport. We will go back to regular taxi's at the taxi stand.

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
785 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

We had a similar experience. I understand it was her daughter who picked us up not Sandra. Old dirty truck, dented, smelled awful. Tried to charge us more than Sandra had quoted us. We will not be calling her again.

California
Level Contributor
29 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Did not like Sandra Ferguson's Taxi

I don't think I'd use her again either. Phillip picked us up at the airport. He was very nice, but not very talkative. The return trip was the problem: she subcontracted with a taxi driver. He said that when she is too busy, she calls him. He was strange! Everytime I asked a question, he gave me a sarcastic/ joking answer, so I never knew when he was telling the truth. When I asked him how much $ we owed him, he said $100 is fine and laughed. I just gave him $50 since Sandra had quoted me $40. His car was full of baby spiders and some other type of small bugs. My kids were freaking out the whole ride to the airport because the bugs were literally crawling everywhere in the backseat. I had a really hard time trying to keep them calm since I was a little freaked out too. It was gross!