We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

Layton, Utah
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

Could someone shed some light on these questions? thanks.

- Does Bahamas have the nightlife that Cancun has?

- Does it apeal to 22-26 year olds? It looks like it apeals more to older people and kids.

- How does Bahamas compair to cancun price wise. equal standard hotels seem to be more expensive in the bahamas?

- What island would you sugest for a younger/party crowd.

USA
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

Bahamas does not have the nightlife Cancun does, but it is still lots of fun for your age group. Bahamas is far more expensive than Cancun.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
391 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

I love the bahamas but Im 32 with kids.When I was 20 I went to Mexico and hands down way more partying going on in mexico. Dont get me rong you would have fun at either place.

midwest
Level Contributor
2,736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

I have also been to both.

Cancun is much much cheaper with everything. (Hotel, food, souviniers, alcohol, etc)

Bahamas is a "relaxing' look at the ocean kind of place. Night life when you look for it. "A little piece of heaven" kind of place.

Mexico is "fun in the sun" during the day. Great shopping, and "parties" everywhere. I suggest the PALACE resorts. They are all inclusive, INCLUDE certain free excursions, and their activity staff make sure you have a good time.

Ocean differences: The water in the Bahamas is very clear, nice beaches - no rocks & boulders. Great for snorkeling, all water activities. More tropical.

The Cancun beaches currently have major erosion, some even unusable (see pictures on their hotel reviews). The water is nice, but when it's boiling up on shore, you can't see through it. Very rocky.

If you want warm & tropical, but lots of "party" I recommend Cancun. If you want more "Carribbean" then I recommend Paradise Island over Grand Bahama, for example.

Old Bridge, New...
Level Contributor
293 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

Just came back from Cancun and stayed at the JW Marriott. Last year we were at Atlantis. Cancun is cheaper. The JW Club floor was about comparable in price to Atlantis Imperial and alhtough I thought the JW was lovely, I would vote for Atlantis over Cancun hands down. We travel a lot and Atlantis is definitely one of my all time favorites. Aquaventure is so awesome. There is just so much to do. We were at Atlantis a week and only left the property once. Here are links to pictures of both Atlantis and Cancun. They are both really fun, we just prefer Atlantis.

Cancun Picture Link: travel.webshots.com/album/562772190cJkguf

Atlantis Picture Link:

travel.webshots.com/album/559121540swVNVO

panama city
Level Contributor
345 posts
564 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

I have been to all three places. I love the Atlantis. It's more expensive but it is relaxing and layed back. Most things close by 6:00.Cancun is more of a party place. I also love the Palace resorts all-inclusive. If you want great beaches and snorkling, you can take side trips to xcaret or xelha.You can even swim in caves. Or you can see Aztec Ruins.Dance places are also open all night. Now Cabo is totally different. It is very scenic and mountainous. The water is cold so you can't really swim. The resorts are beatiful. It is alot more expensive than Cancun.

6. Re: Bahamas VS Cancun/Cabo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 17:39