We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

Midland Park, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

What are your favorite non-Atlantis snorkeling tours? We’ll have two 8 year olds at the Atlantis this summer and would like to go on a snorkeling tour one day. I know there are trips to islands for the day, we’re not interested in those.

Also - what are your favorite dolphin / stingray / etc interactions at the Atlantis? Was thinking maybe the Kayak with Dolphins but not sure.

Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

You can take a day trip to Harbor Island where the sand is a beautiful shade of pink. Take the ferry over, which can be boarded next to Margaritaville at the foot of the bridge. You'll make a quick stop at Spanish Wells and head onto Harbor Island, where you can have lunch beside the water and hop on golf carts to ride around the island and head to the beach. Return your golf carts, sip on a cold drink and take the return ferry back to Paradise Island.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
7,096 posts
2. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

For an excellent, safe, snorkel

excursion go with the Flying

Cloud catamaran sailboat. The

boat departs twice daily from the

Ferry Terminal between the

bridges to/from Paradise Island.

The trip is $80pp. I've been on it

five times. The ride is relaxing

and quiet out to Rose Island

where your Captain anchors next

to a very colorful reef teeming with

many varieties of fish. Snorkel

gear is provided. The reef is

relatively shallow making it very

easy to dive down and swim

among the corals and fish.

You can make free reservations

with them via e-mail. Their

website is:

www.flyingcloud.info

on the move
Level Contributor
589 posts
3. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

Checkout blue hole watersports. Its a small locally owned business. Great fun. Can't help with Atlantis tours. I'm not a fan. Prefer dolphin encounter at blue lagoon.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
390 posts
527 reviews
4. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

yes - I am in same boat - we are only there 4 nights so we really only have 3 days- plan on spending two full days at waterpark - and the other full day we'd like to do some snorkeling - preferably just a 1/2 day and close by would be great. I see some say you can snorkel offshore by the Reef and that is an option. But, I think it would fun to go somewhere on a catamaran sailboat for a few hours...

connecticut
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

Check out Flying Cloud or Pearl Island

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
777 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

Go with tigervette’s recommendation on the Flying Cloud. I’ve probably taken that trip 20 times and I never get tired of it. As a matter of fact, it’s the only thing (other than perhaps going to the Daiquiri Shack, but that’s another must see spot) we do every year when we go to Nassau. On Thursday and Sunday they also do an all day cruise that includes lunch and all the rum punch you can drink. It’s $95 vs. the $85 they charge for the half day trip the do every other day.

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
390 posts
527 reviews
7. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

just returned and my 11 y/o son and I enjoyed the free snorkeling in predator lagoon and offshore the Cove beach. Saw stingrays, baracudas, and many pretty fish...

Bethel, Connecticut
Level Contributor
625 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities

A fantastic snorkeling trip is a tour with Bahama Boat Tours. Go snorkeling, swimming at a private island, even tubing (your eight year olds will love that). Best of all, the trip is private and limited to just your party so you control how long you do each activity and what you do. Well worth the cost.....the only mistake you can make is not booking a long enough time span.

http://bahamaboattours.com/

Reply to: Snorkeling Tours & Atlantis Activities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paradise Island