We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

Which Nassau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Elmhurst, New York
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

Hi we are going on a curise at the end of September and I would like to know of any hotel in Nassau that offer a day pass..

Thank you

Maryland
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

Try the British Colonial Hilton. It's right ajacent to the cruise ship piers.

bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonReso…

nassau
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

Hilton is one option, and not a bad one, as the price includes food and drink credits. The beach there is small, and overlooks the harbor entrance. There are other options to consider. Atlantis of course has a day pass package, but is based on availability. The top end package is $120 pp over twelve, and includes access to their beaches, pools, marine exhibits, and water attractions. But does not include food or beverage. On the main island there are three other choices, all located west of downtown on the Cable Beach strip. Breezes has a pass for I believe $50 pp, age restrictions apply, which (and I'm not 100 percent on this, and price), includes full access to activities, and food and beverage. The Wyndham offers a $40 pp pass, which includes full access to their pool, and full access to the Sheraton beach and pools. Includes lunch at their buffet, but drinks poolside are extra. The Sheraton day pass starts at $25 pp, but does not include food or beverage. The Sheraton has other options which include a room for the day, based on availability.

Alabama
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

We are going in November. I just reserved passes at Paradise Island Harbour Resort through this website: bahamasforaday.com/Nassau_Shore_Excursion.ht…

$50pp

here and there
Destination Expert
for Bahamas, New Providence Island, Paradise Island
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

You should read the reviews for Paradise Island Harbour Resort before committing

It's a dump. No beach to speak of, dirty pool and jacuzzi.

It's only a bargain if all you want to do is drink no name booze all day.

You're better off with Breezes (if you are over 14), or one of the other day passes.

Alabama
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

Thanks so much. You saved us a great deal of disappointment. This is our first cruise. Hopefully, the deposit for the day pass is fully refundable as the site advertises...if not, a $30 lesson learned.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

I'm staying at the Riu next week and if I just wanted to hang at the Atlantis pools and beach, will it still cost $120 for the day?

Maryland
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

No. The Atlantis Beach is part of Cabage Beach which is a public beach so any one can go to that beach. While on the beach, if you try to enter into Atlantis staff will ask you to show your room key or wrist band.

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

If you want to use the pools, and Atlantis beach(with chairs, access etc) you will need to pay $120 pp.

If you just want to wander next door to the beach, go for it. It's public to the water line.. You just can't use the chairs, or go on to the property.

Jersey Girl
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

Getting ready to book a vacation in November. Have concerns about the water quality on the beach at the British Colonial. Trash, ship's fuel, etc.

Any responses or sightings?

here and there
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,465 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach and Pool day pass in Nassau

I've been to the hilton beach probably a couple of hundred times over the years. I've seen oil once.. about 4 years ago.

After a storm, you'll find debris at every beach as the tide changes. ALL hotels, including the hilton clean their beaches at the tideline a couple times a day.

There is a "run off " pipe of fresh water that drains on the west side of the property.. Bahamas Fresh water has a metalic smell to it at time.. don't go all the way to the far left and you'll be fine.

I love this property.. it's calm, secluded and quiet. It's not a resort, no games, music or noisy people and kids.

Get answers to your questions about Nassau
Recent Conversations