We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather May17-21

Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather May17-21

Hi!

We are planning to get to the Bahamas- Cable Beach for a long-awaited vacation. I keep seeing thunderstorms and overcast in the forecast for all of next week 😔 and am concerned as I was anticipating spending a lot of time under the sun!

Is this typical? Will there still be pockets of sunshine throughout the day or will it be cloudy the whole time? Mad at myself for not researching this before booking! 🤦‍♀️

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Cable Beach
Cable Beach
1,940 Reviews
New Providence Island
3 replies to this topic
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather May17-21

For many days now there is an area of low pressure(bad weather) and a stationary weather front hanging over the Bahamas and vicinity. It's uncertain when those systems will move out of the area.

intellicast.com/Storm/…AtlanticAnalysis.aspx

intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/CaribbeanSat…

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
Level Contributor
6,895 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather May17-21

Also, the rainy season in the Bahamas begins around May 20 bringing higher humidity and a chance of scattered showers every day over PARTS of the island you are on. It won't be mostly cloudy all or every day just scattered clouds and scattered showers.

Mentioned in this post
Bahamas
Bahamas
Caribbean
Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather May17-21

Thank you for your response! I'm hoping this low pressure moves out of the area by next week! or that we at least get one good day of sun!

Otherwise, we were debating canceling our trip :(

Reply to: Weather May17-21
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted