We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I the only one?

Billings, MT
Level Contributor
294 posts
65 reviews
Am I the only one?

Just wondering if I'm the only one who works a second job just so I can come back to STJ each year.... :)

Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Am I the only one?

I dont work a second job but the main reason I even work at all is for vacation money for St John so I definitely understand!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
291 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Am I the only one?

Hmm sounds like a good idea

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
16 reviews
3. Re: Am I the only one?

Don't work a second job but I do frame any potential purchase in terms of how much time on STJ I could get if I don't buy Item X.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
291 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Am I the only one?

LoL! I have been doing that for my upcoming vacationg. Im like...this bottled water or this steak for dinner could be used towards a bushwacker or a dinghy rental...so...ramen it is. ok not ramen but..

Billings, MT
Level Contributor
294 posts
65 reviews
5. Re: Am I the only one?

Nathan...I like your style :)

Canal Fulton, Ohio
Level Contributor
223 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Am I the only one?

Not a second job, but I do remind my boss occasionally I work so I can travel, when I get tired of traveling I will quit. Fat chance of that happening. Now that college is paid off for my daughter's I hope to make it to StJ again soon. Love this forum---makes me save more, so I can return sooner rather than later!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
7. Re: Am I the only one?

Actually, I do also work a second job, without which I most likely would never have been able to visit St. John.

So "thank you!," oh second job.

Boston...
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
8. Re: Am I the only one?

I am a high school teacher during the day and work a second job tutoring to pay for my St John habit!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,407 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Am I the only one?

On the other hand you might be very surprised to know how many residents work two and three jobs just to be able to afford to live here!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
134 posts
468 reviews
10. Re: Am I the only one?

I am a retired teacher and work as a substitute teacher to help fund my vacation expenses, so I totally understand.