We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balcony Dinners

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Balcony Dinners

Headed to STJ in late June. Looking forward to a few dinners/drinks on the deck with great views. I've got a small list going starting with ZoZo's at the upstairs bar. Looking for other suggestions on where to get a good meal, great drinks and even better views.

Boston...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: Balcony Dinners

Concordia can't be beat for views, only there for happy hour though- not sure what the food is like.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Balcony Dinners

I love to have lunch at the Waterfront Bistro...its literally right on the sand. The food has always been great, and if you ask for a table at the railing you're right on the beach. You're not up on a blacony though. never been there for dinner, I prefer to go when its daylight and I can see everything,

The view from the Equator at Caneel can't be beat, and we've never had a bad meal there either. Personally I think it's far superior to Zozo's. I think Zozo's has some excellent dishes, but I think the view at the Equator has it beat, hands down.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Balcony Dinners

Sunset on the deck at Maho is spectacular - dining is hit or miss buffet.

Seattle
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Balcony Dinners

I've heard great things about a sunset dinner at the Caneel Bay Resort although I haven't been there myself. We stayed in Upper Peter Bay at Coco De Mer when we were there last month and the view off the deck was to die for. If you can get into a rental in Peter Bay I would suggest that. Unless you have a big group traveling it's insanely expensive to stay there but there is one rental in Peter Bay called the Gatehouse. It's affordable for a couple and had an even better view off the deck then our big house did. I have photo's if you want to see them. It's just a one bedroom but it's nice. I'm done blabbering now.

Portsmouth, New...
Level Contributor
1,375 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: Balcony Dinners

Go to the Caneel Bay Beach Bar and Grill which is located adjacent to the main reception area. Ask nicely to sit and eat upstairs and enjoy a specatular sunset and good food at reasonable prices. We went twice this past February when we were on island for 10 nights.

Edited: 25 May 2011, 01:09
Rockwall, Texas
Level Contributor
912 posts
245 reviews
6. Re: Balcony Dinners

3 years ago when we were there we had drinks and appetizers at the bar of the Balcony. I think it's closed and Spyglass is there now. I don't know how their food is, but their sunset view was very nice. It's kind of above the Beach Bar.

Seattle
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
7. Re: Balcony Dinners

The spyglass is ok. Nothing special. They had some affordable taco's for happy hour but the drinks weren't amazing. The view makes it worth it though. We actually took some wedding photo's there.

St. John
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Balcony Dinners

Asolare has an amazing view. They have been getting stellar reviews lately as well.

I was at Spyglass for dinner not that long ago and thought it was quite good. They have a whole fried fish on their menu that my husband LOVED. Their menus for lunch and dinner a quite different, and they have a happy hour menu as well. The place could use a little help from an interior decorator...but with that kind of view...I guess not too many people are looking at the inside of the place :)

St. Thomas
9 posts
9. Re: Balcony Dinners

Try the Barefoot Cowboy in the Lumber Yard. Small and great for drinks and BBQ.

10. Re: Balcony Dinners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 15:19