We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rick's St John Hideaway: the Hummingbird House - Coral Bay

Boston...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Rick's St John Hideaway: the Hummingbird House - Coral Bay

Any reviews on this? Looking for info on kitchen and bathroom specifically. Cooler for beach? Quiet?

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Rick's St John Hideaway: the Hummingbird House - Coral Bay

I think it is fairly new to be rented and everything I have read about it leads me to believe that it is very rustic.

I did see a review on his VRBO page that indicated that there is no living area, except for the bunk beds.

Pia
St John, VI
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
1 review
2. Re: Rick's St John Hideaway: the Hummingbird House - Coral Bay

If I have the correct house (I need to double check) it does say "short/easy walk to beach" or something like that - if so (imo) no waaaay is Maho an easy walk - well it is if you consider 1.1 miles all down a steep road easy.

Do you have the link so I can check that I have the right house.

Pia

Boston...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
3. Re: Rick's St John Hideaway: the Hummingbird House - Coral Bay

Yes, I believe you do have the correct cottage; I see you posted on the other forum re: walking distances. Not a problem for us as we'll have a jeep. The owner has been very responsive in answering our inquiries and is in the process of putting together a website. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone on this forum had stayed there or had any pictures of the galley kitchen area or bathroom.

4. Re: Rick's St John Hideaway: the Hummingbird House - Coral Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 22:18