We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any reviews on casa ya ya

Boston...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
any reviews on casa ya ya

not much written on the forum- how private is the pool? how high up- how is the driveway?

CT
Destination Expert
for St. John
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

Here is an older review, from 2004

virgin-islands-on-line.com/sj/sjhotelreviews…

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
382 posts
2. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

I don't want to start anything here, but this is rather recent thread on Casa Yaya.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147409-i432-k4076…

North Haven...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

I was just there LAST WEEK and it's fantastic. Please contact me if you want more info.

North Haven...
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

Did you make a decision yet? I was just there mid October and the place is GREAT! The pool is very, very private as is the Villa! It was a great experience being right on the hillside overlooking Coral Bay--especially during full moon! Clean, updated and awesome!!! I WILL go back to YAYA!

Buenos Aires...
1 post
5. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

i just come back from there. it´s more tha you expect. it´s amazing. very confortable and very private. the pool and the deck, and yes, you can be naked all around and there´s no chance that someone could see you. the view is mora amazing than the pictures show. Also there´s a bbq, really good, you can go to the market and buy fresh fish and cooked at home on the terrace. i will came back for sure. is close to teh highway, but very high, but in st john there´s no way that you don´t get a 4x4. Look for richard @ inmotion, the scooter rental just round the corner whn you arrive, @warldf villa, he has the best rate on a jeep.

We usually spend the morning in yaya and the move in the afternoon to any beach. Hope this help anyone interested in this house.

cheers from argentina.

6. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

I am staying at Casa ya ya in may and I really couldn't find any recent reviews. The older reviews brought up the house being outdated and also bugs being a major issue. Do you have an pictures from your recent trip? Any help is appreciated. Thank

7. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

Headed to casa ya ya in May. Can't find any recent reviews. Has anyone been there in the past year or two that can help me about alittle and calm my nerves. Thank you

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,652 posts
35 reviews
8. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

We are staying there in June. In talking with the owner I found out that they bought it in Dec 2012. I have searched for reviews as well and havent found many and none that are recent.

Mike in Tulsa

Shaker Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

Belatedly, but enthusiastically, I write to share a few of the attributes of Casa Ya Ya, a villa that overlooks Coral Bay on St. John, US Virgin Islands. My husband and I were the first guests of the current owners, spending one fantastic week in the villa during February 2013. The villa is open air and spacious. Its decks, including the deck from each first floor bedroom, command an unbeatable view of Coral Bay and Drake Passage to Virgin Gorda. During our visit, we were extremely lucky on several nights to observe the full moon overhead from the lounge chairs while we sipped our wine. The kitchen is fully equipped (and the owners even provide detergent to use for the convenient washer and dryer in an adjoining rooom). The pool enjoys full sun throughout the day. Because the villa is only minutes away from the restaurants and shops around Coral Bay, we patronized many of them (Skinny Legs, Aqua Bistro, and Lily’s Market among others). We also enjoyed many drives, with carrots for the donkeys, along the south side of the East End along Round Bay with a lunch-time stop at Val’s. The villa also is only about a twenty minute drive from from Cruz Bay and Mongoose Junction. Several times, we drove in the morning to Cruz Bay for a day cruise and returned to eat on the deck at Sundog Cafe, enjoy fine dining in Morgan’s Mango, or pick up barbequed chicken from Joe’s to take to Casa Ya Ya and eat on the deck while we watched the sun set. The villa also is conveniently located near many snorkeling sites. We were able to load the beach chairs provided at the villa into our jeep, then drive and park at one of our favorite spots like Salt Pond, Hurricane Hole, or Maho Bay and snorkel for a few hours before coming back to shower and go out to dinner. The comfort, ambiance, and convenience of Casa Ya Ya set the perfect stage from which to launch our activities all week or relax and revive before we moved to each new adventure. My husband and I both consider Casa Ya Ya above Coral Bay to be a destination we hope to visit often.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 08:57
Shaker Heights, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: any reviews on casa ya ya

Belatedly, but enthusiastically, I write to share a few of the attributes of Casa Ya Ya, a villa that overlooks Coral Bay on St. John, US Virgin Islands. My husband and I were the first guests of the current owners, spending one fantastic week in the villa during February 2013. The villa is open air and spacious. Its decks, including the deck from each first floor bedroom, command an unbeatable view of Coral Bay and Drake Passage to Virgin Gorda. During our visit, we were extremely lucky on several nights to observe the full moon overhead from the lounge chairs while we sipped our wine. The kitchen is fully equipped (and the owners even provide detergent to use for the convenient washer and dryer in an adjoining rooom). The pool enjoys full sun throughout the day. Because the villa is only minutes away from the restaurants and shops around Coral Bay, we patronized many of them (Skinny Legs, Aqua Bistro, and Lily’s Market among others). We also enjoyed many drives, with carrots for the donkeys, along the south side of the East End along Round Bay with a lunch-time stop at Val’s. The villa also is only about a twenty minute drive from from Cruz Bay and Mongoose Junction. Several times, we drove in the morning to Cruz Bay for a day cruise and returned to eat on the deck at Sundog Cafe, enjoy fine dining in Morgan’s Mango, or pick up barbequed chicken from Joe’s to take to Casa Ya Ya and eat on the deck while we watched the sun set. The villa also is conveniently located near many snorkeling sites. We were able to load the beach chairs provided at the villa into our jeep, then drive and park at one of our favorite spots like Salt Pond, Hurricane Hole, or Maho Bay and snorkel for a few hours before coming back to shower and go out to dinner. The comfort, ambiance, and convenience of Casa Ya Ya set the perfect stage from which to launch our activities all week or relax and revive before we moved to each new adventure. My husband and I both consider Casa Ya Ya above Coral Bay to be a destination we hope to visit often.

Edited: 23 January 2014, 08:58