We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)

MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)

My husband and I are considering a private charter from Christiansted next week. It's just the two of us (in our 40's), so it would be more cost effective if we found another couple to share the charter with us. We are mainly interested in visiting Buck Island and snorkeling. Right now I am looking at the power boat Smooth Recovery with Caribbean Sea Adventures which is $650 for 3.5 hours or $1,000 for 5 hours, but I would certainly consider other options.

Thanks,

Bridget

5 replies to this topic
Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)

There are many less expensive charters to consider. My go to is the Independence. She has a lovely boat, personality, and offers snorkeling excursions. Another favorite is One Love for a power boat. One Love is no frills, but a great time. Hope you find the perfect charter. ⛱🙄

MD
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)

I believe the two charters you mentioned are out of St. Thomas, not St. Croix. One Love looks like fun!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,633 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)

Does it have to be a power boat? The Jolly Rogers does trips to BI and you get to spend time on the island. $90 plus tip.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)

Only NPS licensed concessionaires and private boats by permit are allowed to go to Buck Island. Caribbean Sea Adventures is one of the few that is licensed. Other private charters are probably considered business and not allowed unless already licensed.

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)

Ugh...my mistake. Wrong forum. Sorry for the trip advice!!

Reply to: Share private charter next week (4/17-4/21)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted