We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

Usually stay at Concordia Eco Tents on St. John, but would like to visit St. Croix and Buck Island. My concern with HOTC is that we don't want to listen to jet skiis. Is that a problem for you HOTC fans? Also are there more private areas we can access the water on the island other than the beach in the pics?

6 replies to this topic
Boston
Level Contributor
6,621 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

It has never been a problem for us. We are going in three weeks so I can let you know then. I think the jetskis go away from the beach area. Jet skis are not a problem at all on STX. The beach is where you want to enter the water, there are some other places you could get in but it is not sandy.

Boston...
Level Contributor
35 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

thanks- I'll keep watch. I like the idea of a kitchen, and we don't really like to have to dress for dinner- but the Bucaneer beaches look more inviting than HOTC.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,852 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

Just have to ask...

Are the prices of both hotels comparable? They are very different properties with each having their benefits.

Jet skis rwLly aren't an issue on St. Croix.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

Prices between HOTC and the Buc? Apples and oranges. The Buc is a higher end resort with more amenities and hard on the wallet. HOTC is not 5 star, more reasonably priced last I checked.

Boston
Level Contributor
6,621 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

No comparison in price. HOTC has increased in price over the years, but is still significantly lower priced than the Buc. If someone needs a resort type place or higher end property they will probably not be happy at HOTC. It is not for everyone. Read the reviews.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
278 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?

i would stay at Buccaneer if money was not an issue, otherwise Hotel on the Cay is a great value and spot.

Reply to: Hotel onthe Cay or Bucaneer?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted