We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort with kids??? Please help

Carmichaels...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort with kids??? Please help

Hello all !

I'm looking for the best resort for families in or near carribian. Kids aged 3,5,6, and 3 teenagers . Snorkeling off the resort and calm water a huge bonus. Lots of activities at hotel or nearby. Budget is pretty high . All inclusive is a plus but not a necessity. Help me out please !!

4 replies to this topic
McKinney, Texas
Level Contributor
403 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort with kids??? Please help

You may try posting in the individual forums for STX, STT and STJ to generate more responses; for some reason, the general USVI forum doesn't seem to get as many replies. With that being said, I know the major resorts on STJ are temporarily closed from the Hurricanes (Caneel Bay and the Weston). I'm sure there are options on STT, but I'm not as familiar with those.

You could also look into the Buccaneer on St. Croix. The Bucc is closer to Christiansted and all the shopping/dining options there. We stayed on STX last year (rented a villa) and really enjoyed our time there horseback riding, kayaking, hiking, snorkeling, etc. are all available on STX). Whichever island you choose, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
16,078 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort with kids??? Please help

There's not much on St Thomas if you're looking for a resort. The only one which might fit the bill is the Bolongo Bay Beach Resort which is family-oriented. They have plenty of entertainment there, water sports, etc. so take a look and see if it's something which would interest you.

http://www.bolongobay.com/

Boston
Level Contributor
6,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best resort with kids??? Please help

I second the Buccaneer on St Croix. In addition to what is mentioned above, they also have a kids club.

Kansas
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort with kids??? Please help

I really love Secret Harbour on the east end of St. Thomas. The off-shore snorkeling was pretty amazing pre-irma, but I haven't been back to experience it since. I know the resort will re-open in June and has two on-site restaurants.

Reply to: Best resort with kids??? Please help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted