We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

California
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

Hi. A large group of us will be traveling to Beaches resort soon. I see that there is a virus floating around many of the resorts in T & C. Has anyone recently stayed at Beaches during this outbreak? What are they doing to keep people safe? I called but only to be transferred around and that's not good. Very very concerned & especially because this virus has spread and not stayed at one location.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

Val622 and family are one their way to Beaches as we speak. Said they would post updates once they get there.

California
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

THANKS. Take care. Be safe. Have fun.

Level Contributor
18 posts
3. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

We were there the 5/12 - 19. We didn't have any issues but we did over hear some others that had had problems, but didn't seem to be too widespread. I am not a germaphobe by any means and was pretty lax with my kids and hand washing before eating, etc. I will say the tap water smelled a little funny (like sewage) and I had everyone brush their teeth with bottled water.

As for the resort precautions, I did see them scrubbing the pool decks and chairs pretty thoroughly in the mornings with a bleach solution so I do think they are making an effort to disinfect. I really wouldn't overly worry, the resort was amazing and we can't wait to go back!

4. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2012, 03:09
Level Contributor
18 posts
5. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

Yes, bottled water is included. Also, if you are out and about the resort pop into the fitness center, they have a large cooler stocked with bottled water.

6. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2012, 03:09
7. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:35
Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,596 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

ryanboz, what does this mean? I guess I am missing something.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
941 posts
43 reviews
9. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

Just got back Sunday from Beaches. Stayed for ten days, (May 11 to 20) and on the ninth day I got the virus. Heard of a few others there who were sick with it, but certainly not widespread at that resort. I did not see them taking any precautions at all when I was there. No hand santizers around, no signs asking people to wash their hands, etc. I'm sure now that they are more aware of it as it is happening more around the island.

Enjoy your trip. Just be careful and hand sanitize regularly. It can happen anywhere, including home.

California
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: Virus/stomach flu Beaches T&C

Thanks for the replies. Trying not to be paranoid. I do Lysol wipes and hand sanitizer but when you read that a virus has hit several of the resorts it is a major concern. I read online in the local T&C newspaper that Grace Bay suspended reservations for the next week. They are being upfront and proactive about this situation I called Beaches directly to get answers and got the run around. No one knew anything and transferred me to the next person who didnt know anything. (does anyone know who is the resort manager? ) Not very happy with Beaches right now. Again any additional information about the virus situation would be helpful for all of us planning on going to Beaches in the next few weeks. Thanks