We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

I have some questions on the above home(s) in silly creek. Has anyone ever stayed at one of these or renterd the entire estate? I’ve stayed in Provo many times, but this area is the first for me. I’ve taken a boat cruise in silly creek and I think I recall them talking about it being a nesting ground for shArks. Just curious if many swim in silly creek? Also wondering for those that have stayed here what your opinions are and can you use the kayaks to go to taylor bay?

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
321 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

Have probably dove 100 times in Provo and never heard that one before!

Maybe someone will know

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

This doesn't answer your question but we are booked there in 5 weeks and I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have about the property at that time.... We are REALLY looking forward to it.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 05:39
Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,489 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

We live in Silly Creek. It is a nursery for sharks. You will often see small sharks. And yes, we do swim there all the time

ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

That would be AWESOME! Please do give me feedback!

ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

Thank you! Can you kayak from sillycreek to taylor bay?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
250 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

I’ve kayaked from Silly Creek to Taylor Bay several times. The last time we did it in a strong south wind. I don’t recommend that if your not strong paddelers! Watch the wind and currents before making that trek. Just outside of the creek are some nice little beaches where you’ll find many hermit crabs. We watched the eclipse out there last August. We also saw a juvenile lemon swim by the dock one night, as well as stingrays. We’ve saw a squid once too one night. We bring good tactical flashlights just to look for things swimming by in the night. You can swim in the creek, we’ve snorkeled around the coast line looking for sea horses. Be aware at low tide the creek gets shallow. The middle becomes a sand bar and you’ll find yourself walking back and the upside down jelly fish are abundant so watch you step. You can kayak around to Chalk Sound too, but again some of the chanels have strong currents so be aware. I love that part of Provo so if you have questions let me know.

ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

Thank you bjmiller000! Wonderful information.

Katiewood82 please let me know how your trip goes and I’d love to see some photos.

Lobomago thank you for your input.

All much appreciated.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek

Will do! Can’t wait. This will be our first trip to the island. Hope we made a good choice!

Reply to: Villa thalassa -agape- adelphes in silly creek
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted