We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

Hi everyone,

We will be heading to T&C in a few days for the first time and staying at OCW. We will be staying for a total of 4 nights, scheduling one day for snorkeling and considering renting a car for one day to explore the island, but not 100% sure yet. In mid-May do we have to book it in advance or decent chance of availability on a weekday (to keep our options open)?

Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

I have never been to T&C —yet—but we will be at OCW in June. We are planning to rent a car for a day or so; I called grace bay rentals to ask for their input as far as booking in advance for a day or two. They told me not to worry; they will have a car. SO, with no experience what so ever, that’s my two cents! Hope you have a safe and fun trip!

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

You shouldn't have any problem w availability at Grace Bay Car Rentals in May/June etc (low season). The one time we reserved a vehicle, we specifically wanted a van for extended family. Normally we just call or walk in when we are ready; we don't rent for our entire stay but just for a couple days - we like no schedule & being flexible!! From OCW it's an easy walk, but GBCR will also deliver and pick up at your resort. Love working w Grace Bay Car Rentals. Enjoy your trip!!

Edited: 10 May 2018, 12:52
Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,101 Reviews
Providenciales
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

I would book it in advance & have GBCR deliver your type of vehicle to Ocean Club West for the time you want to start your full 24 hr. period. They will also pick the vehicle up. No shuttle or taxi involved to go to the rental location. How convenient is that? Dr. Jim

Edited: 10 May 2018, 14:13
Mentioned in this post
Ocean Club West
Ocean Club West
917 Reviews
Providenciales
Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

Agree with Lola and Dr. Jim. It's low season so there should be plenty of cars available from GBCR.

I always make my reservation via the GBCR's Web site well before we go so there aren't any hiccups.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,468 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

We always book ahead online for our use.

Like having a car waiting for us at the airport.

GBCR is our favorite.

Even low season we book ahead just to have nothing to worry about.

Mike

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
896 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?

We are planning to do the same, considering a rental for 1 day mid May. We didn’t want to commit In advance in case we change our minds. I contacted GBCR and they indicated we could call when we arrive as they have availability all that week.

Reply to: Rental Car for One Day in May: Book in Advance?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted