We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

NJ
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

Hi,

Any suggestions on where 8 ladies can stay, would prefer AI, however realize this maybe limiting. Looking for clean accommodations, great drinks, great food, and more great drinks. Thanks for your help.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

There are only 3 AIs in Provo & just 2 of the 3 I'd suggest for an adults only getaway -- the Veranda & Club Med -- both of which are 2 very different style resorts. Club Med is adults only & one of the oldest resorts on the island with lots of social activities going on most of the day. The Veranda is open to everyone of all ages, more upscale, laid back & one of the newest resorts in Provo. They're both also located on almost opposite sides of Grace Bay.

And you're right...from what I've learned on this forum, AI's can be more "limiting" (as you said) & possibly not the best value especially if you & your group intend to experience other restaurants, excursions & activities outside of just what's available to you at the resort alone.

You may want to expand on what you & your group may be looking for -- in addition to what you've already described -- since there are so many resort options that could fit into that description -- from moderately priced all the way to ultra-luxe.

For instance -- what budget do you have in mind? What are you looking for in location, walking distance to more restaurants & shops or more "away from it all"? Does your group want easy access to the snorkeling reef? Do you prefer a beachfront resort or is just having beach access ok? What other activities, services or amenities are important to you? Are you looking for a more relaxing environment or one with more activity?

Anyway...I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say. Fortunately & unfortunately, even as small & quaint as Provo is, there are so many choices! :) For the last 3 months I've researched literally for HOURS myself for our first trip there -- I feel like I've been there already! And this forum's not only addicting (especially when you're in pre-travel mode) but also very helpful...

So, I'm sure getting more info from you with more specifics will help in getting you the best recommendations. :)

Edited: 28 September 2011, 14:43
Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

BTW -- a lot of people on this forum recommend:

1) Renting a car (even for just a few days) to be able to experience the "best of Provo" in regards to restaurants, day trips, sightseeing, etc.

In particular, Grace Bay Car Rentals or Avis.

2) Contacting Val at Turks and Caicos Reservations to help you narrow down the best place(s) for your group to stay. Their website is www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc.

I also just noticed you posted under the "Turks and Caicos" forum & not under "Providenciales" specifically. Are you looking for recommendations for Provo or for other islands in the TCI?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

Sounds like fun! I know Beaches markets to families but I read on their website that they have a BFF getaway special. The price looks great compared to regular pricing there. It looks like they schedule those at times where it might be slower with kids. It's a beautiful property and it looks like they have a lot of special activities, classes and excursions just for the BFF's.

We go in 2 weeks and they will be having one then. That's how I found out about it.

I hope you find the perfect place. Turning 40 is a magical time.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,749 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

I guess on a similar note as Christy, I had seen this package on the Gansevoort website not too long ago:

gansevoortturksandcaicos.com/gansevoort-turk…

Although with similarly-themed "girlfriend" packages, Beaches & Gansevoort are considered resorts with 2 very different vibes.

I'm sure others will chime in with other suggestions, too. :-) Lots of choices...but in Provo, I'm sure you'll find the perfect place.

Happy 4-0 btw!

Edited: 28 September 2011, 18:20
Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

We like the Club Med for all the sports and activities they offer, but it is not for everyone. The rooms are rather basic and the food (essentially a single buffet restaurant) is European style (no big juicy steaks) and no "swim-up bar" or anything like that.

One option to keep in mind if you like your drinks... If you stay at one of the condo-hotels with basic kitchen facilities, you can go by a local store and pick up ingredients for drinks and just make them yourself in the room, then take with you to the beach in a cooler or thermos. Of course, if you like having drinks with dinner, that could get a little expensive, but this should be a reasonable alternative.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

Also.....check out Regent Palms or Somerset for a ladies getaway.

Upscale, Palms has their own spa....and it's great for pampering.

Both resorts side by side so can easily walk to one another if wanting to try services at another.

just another thought.

Mike

7. Re: 8 ladies celebrating the big 4-0!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 00:18