We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What days are best for Sandy Island?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
125 posts
211 reviews
What days are best for Sandy Island?

My husband and I want to plan a day trip from Grenada to Carriacou, where we will hire a boat taxi to Sandy Island. I have read that some days are bad because there are tons of cruise ship tourists. Can anyone recommend what day of the week would be the best? Thanks

Mass.
Level Contributor
23 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: What days are best for Sandy Island?

Fortunately, the cruise ships don't go there anymore. There are more sailboats there on weekends than during the week.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
125 posts
211 reviews
2. Re: What days are best for Sandy Island?

Thank you for your help. I had read that cruise ship passengers would take a catarman trip there for lunch and then spoil the privacy. I was looking for that Robinson Crusoe like beach - is this the one?

Thanks again

J

Mass.
Level Contributor
23 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: What days are best for Sandy Island?

This is the place! My husband and I spend a few days there each year and it's very rare when anyone else is on the island. If you go to the Hardwood Bar on Paradise Beach, Bo will take you out there. It's a 2 minute boat ride. Don't forget to get the chicken and chips for lunch at the Hardwood before you go!

4. Re: What days are best for Sandy Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2011, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island
More Carriacou Island Topics