We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shakespeare Mas at Carriacou Carnival

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Shakespeare Mas at Carriacou Carnival

I will be on Grenada during the Carriacou Carnival and would like to experience the Shakespeare Mas (battle of wits using only lines from Shakespeare plays). I have conflicting information as to whether I should be there on March 7 or on March 8 from the Grenada Tourism site. Also, what time of day is the Shakespeare Mas going on? Can I take the ferry over for the day, or is it an evening event requiring an overnight stay?

London
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shakespeare Mas at Carriacou Carnival

The Shakespeare Mas is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 8th March - at 9am in Mount Royal and at 12 noon in Hillsborough. If there is a flight on that day that can get you into Carriacou at around 8am, you will be in time for the Mount Royal event - however the ferry gets into Carriacou at 1030am which will be in time for the noon event in Hillsborough. Enjoy!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shakespeare Mas at Carriacou Carnival

Thanks, this is very helpful. The ferry sounds the most convenient for us and allows us some time to explore Hillsborough beforehand.

3. Re: Shakespeare Mas at Carriacou Carnival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island
Recent Conversations
More Carriacou Island Topics