We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flamboyant Hotel Grenada

1 post
Save Topic
Flamboyant Hotel Grenada

I'm looking at possibly staying at the Flamboyant in Grenada but uncertain if I should go all inclusive price or reg? Aparently the food & drinks are expensive at the hotel but are there restaurants within safe close walking distance of the hotel?

Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flamboyant Hotel Grenada

There are several restaurants within walking distance - there is Savvy's which is at Mount Cinnamon Beach Resort just next door and further down the hill there are several at the Le Marquis Complex as well as a small foodcourt at the Spiceland Mall. A little further away - but still within walking distance is the Grand Anse Mall with Rick's Cafe which is a nice stop for a quick lunch. The Flamboyant is also a 10-minute walk from the local bus stop where you can hop onto a bus to get into the city (a 10 minute drive) where there are several, e.g., the New Nutmeg Restaurant, Ocean Grill, BB's Crabback, etc.

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flamboyant Hotel Grenada

We stayed at the Flamboyant in Gnd this past Jan / Feb with a small child and a newborn baby - a Nana and a Papa and my husband and myself...so if there was ever a family to target....but I felt incredibly safe on Grenada and I am a basket case at the best of times about my children....lock my doors when driving through my peaceful suburban piece of Canada....all that jazz.

I was sensible on the island but I never felt a need to take extra precautions...we walked (with children in tow...or rather on shoulders...in arms...in stroller etc...) to and from the Flambyant on the main road. We did rent a car to reach further afield places adn I never walk the beach at night on ANY Island...or any place for that matter. But we would stroll the street at night from Flamboyant to the other restuarants ie: Boulangerie, Belle Creole, Savvys.

The food at the Owl Pub at the Flamboyant which is included in the AI is very yummy...they have a great Roti, cheesy messy pizza which we all loved - great cheeseburger...and the house wine is entirely enjoyable and this is from a real little wine snob. We did not eat at the main restaurant for more than one breakfast and the breakfast was ok.

There are so many options for places to eat and the cabs are so accessible...it is really a personal choice. But if you go AI - maybe make a short list of places you feel are worth spending the extra money on to go despite the AI....One for me would be La Boulangerie....great fun - then La Sagesse because you want to be able to go and spend part (at least) fo the day and then enjoy a lovely lunch there!

The Flamboyant is fantastic!! The views are sensational - I mean really unique and in my opinion the best in the Caribbean....but as long as you are in Grenada...you are good!

3. Re: Flamboyant Hotel Grenada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 December 2010, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island
Recent Conversations
More Carriacou Island Topics