We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Island

vermont
Level Contributor
71 posts
White Island

Has anyone been to White Island? How is the snorkeling and reefs? Are there any other islands close to Carriacou besides Sandy Island that have good snorkeling?

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: White Island

We went to White Island a couple of weeks ago but didn't snorkel there..

We did most of our snorkelling at Black Beach, even saw a turtle there. Also the beach at Anse la Roche Bay was really nice and quiet: no one there.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
84 reviews
2. Re: White Island

I hadn't heard of this island and was thinking of going to Sandy Island during our daytrip to Carriacou, catching a boat ride from Harwood. Could someone give me their thoughts comparing the two islands and where you would get a boat to go to White Island?

Thanks,

Barb

vermont
Level Contributor
71 posts
3. Re: White Island

Black Beach, where that is on Carriacou? How was the snorkeling?

Tampere, Finland
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: White Island

I don't know if Black Beach is an official name for the beach, but it's on the southern part, kinda between Tyrrel Bay and L'Esterre Bay. I thought the snorkelling was good. Waters are clear all over the island.

I think you can get a boat from Tyrrell Bay to White Island.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: White Island

Thanks!!

Escondido...
Level Contributor
83 posts
6. Re: White Island

Can't speak for the snorkeling -- we just swam -- but I'll bet it's good. There's a good chance you'll have the island to yourself. Ask around in Harvey Vale for Vaughn -- he delivered us in the morning and picked us up in the afternoon in 1997, and again in 2008. The places to swim changed completely during that interval. My favorite island experience of all time. There's a photo of our pick-up at …mac.com/harleybarb/…the_windwards.html.

Escondido...
Level Contributor
83 posts
7. Re: White Island

Can't speak for the snorkeling -- we just swam -- but I'll bet it's good. There's a good chance you'll have the island to yourself. Ask around in Harvey Vale for Vaughn -- he delivered us in the morning and picked us up in the afternoon in 1997, and again in 2008. The places to swim changed completely during that interval. My favorite island experience of all time. There's a photo of our pick-up at …mac.com/harleybarb/…the_windwards.html.

8. Re: White Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2010, 17:25
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island
More Carriacou Island Topics