We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's happened to Silver Beach Resort?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
What's happened to Silver Beach Resort?

Does anyone know whether Silver Beach resort, Hillsborough has reopened since it closed in June 2007 for refurbishment? I have tried without success to contact them ever since, as we would love to return there particularly as the owner had impressive plans for developing the hotel and rebuilding the cottages that had been destroyed by Hurricane Ivan.Surely they must be open again by now!!!!

Any info or contact details would be much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
14 reviews
1. Re: What's happened to Silver Beach Resort?

You might get more joy posting on the Grenada forum. Carriacou belongs to Grenada and not to St Vincent & the Grenadines.

World
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: What's happened to Silver Beach Resort?

oddly enough, posts on the TA Carriacou forum end up on the SVG board, not Grenada. I have pointed out the problem to TA MANY times but they have been unable to correct it.

Grenada
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: What's happened to Silver Beach Resort?

There are plans to completely renovate and remodel Silver Beach, maybe they will open again sometimes in 2010.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: What's happened to Silver Beach Resort?

Thanks Estela!

I knew they were planning to re-model it as we spoke to the owner just before it closed in 2007 - we were the last guests there before they closed the doors. However, I'm amazed that it's still not opened.

I'd be really grateful for any more news you have as it looks as if you're 'on the spot'.

5. Re: What's happened to Silver Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2010, 15:21
Get answers to your questions about Carriacou Island
More Carriacou Island Topics