We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying duty free at Barbados

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Buying duty free at Barbados

Are there any issues buying duty free liquor at the Barbados airport and bringing it into Bequia on the the SVG flight?

6 replies to this topic
UK
Level Contributor
653 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: Buying duty free at Barbados

Hi. You won't be able to carry it in your hand baggage but also, I'm not sure it's worth it from a cost point of view. Liquor is pretty cheap in the supermarkets in Bequia so I have never bothered taking duty free into SVG.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: Buying duty free at Barbados

You will be able to carry duty free liquor on SVG as the liquor stores are past security.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Buying duty free at Barbados

Definitely OK to bring duty-free on SVG flight. I have always picked up a big bottle of Mount Gay on the way through, definitely cheaper.

UK
Level Contributor
653 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Buying duty free at Barbados

I stand corrected. But still won't bother!

Boston
Level Contributor
167 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Buying duty free at Barbados

I think you're allowed to bring in one bottle duty free per person coming into SVG. That being said, we've brought in "several" bottles of wine when heading to Petite St. Vincent thru Union without any problems. While beer and rum are readily available, wine can be hard to find in the Southern Grenadines.

You should be fine in Bequia as mentioned, plenty of selections there. Try abottle of Sunset Rum, good local stuff.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: Buying duty free at Barbados

You can absolutely bring duty free liquor from Barbados to Bequia on SVG.

Reply to: Buying duty free at Barbados
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia