We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

Dallas, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

We rented the Jasmine Suite in Ylang Ylang Villa from 22 December 2017 until 1 January 2018 through The Grenadines Collection.

The Grenadines Collection describes the property as "recently renovated" and "exquisite". As it turns out, it was renovated in 2012, and it's not cleared what was renovated. The pillows and bed sheets should have been replaced 10 years ago. Shower fixtures are rusted. The hot water heater in the kitchen does not work, nor does the coffee maker. The outside fridge in the pool cabana does not work, nor does the AC in 2 of the 3 bedrooms.

The phone number for the property manager is no longer in service.

For 5 days of our trip, there was no running water. As a result, we carried buckets of water from the swimming pool to the villa so that we could flush the toilets! The plunge pool has a leak, it was 2 feet deep and not usable.

The Grenadines Collection staff arranged for us to visit other accommodations, and told us that the costs for the new location would have to be paid by us. Midway through our stay we were desperate and so we searched. We wasted five hours that day since nothing was available that suited our needs that holiday week. (two families with a total of 8 people)

The owner supposedly never replied to the emails sent to him from The Grenadines Collection. He also never responded to our emails sent directly to him.

While the owner is ultimately responsible for the conditions of the premises, the Grenadines Collection should not be renting this property. Their role is to screen and prevent unsuitable properties from being rented to guests. We have rented multiple properties across the Caribbean and Europe and have never had an experience like this. It is unconscionable what they did to us and our holiday

If it weren't for the lovely island of Bequia and its warm people, this vacation would have been a complete disaster.

Do not rent Ylang Ylang Villa in Bequia and do not rent through The Grenadines Collection.

They did not do their job, instead they misrepresented the condition of the property and did nothing to fix it.

11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

If you mean The Grenadines Collection Ltd then see their accounts here:-

https:/…filing-history

With these accounts it is little wonder that nowt has been done.

Conversely if you mean Grenadine Villas - then I find this extraordinary - they've always been fine and on top of the job for us (12 years visiting).

Perhaps someone else will have something useful to contribute ?

Mobile, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

As a first time visitor to Bequia in late November 2017, it was very confusing to me that on a google search it may say "Grenadine Villas" but then when you select that option and the site comes up it says "Grenadines Collection" (see http://www.grenadinevillas.com/) ..... I rented a house from them for 8 days and still am not certain of the exact name.... I assumed they were one and the same. I would actually like to know what the story is here on the actual company!

Dallas, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

All of their paperwork associated with our rental in Bequia identifies the company as "The Grenadines Collection". In very small print at the bottom of their emails, it states that "The Grenadines Collection Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales", so they are one and the same.

Dallas, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

You're correct, Grenadine Villas redirects to The Grenadines Collection. This is the same company as The Grenadines Collection Ltd, which the entity's registered name in England and Wales. Ylang Ylang Villa in Bequia should not be rented in its current condition. Either The Grenadines Collection knew that and rented it anyway, or they didn't know it and should have. In either case they did not do their job. Neither they nor the owner have done anything in response to our emails about the condition of the property sent directly to them after the trip.

Michigan
Level Contributor
228 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

OMG, that makes me nervous, we are leaving Monday & have rented through The Grenadines Collection. Yikes!

Virginia
Level Contributor
493 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

I found this related Bequia TA Thread from 2011... interesting.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g14738…

Michigan
Level Contributor
228 posts
41 reviews
7. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

Double worried! S......!! S.....!!! S......! am used to dealing with the rentals in Antigua, Jolly Harbour & they will do anything to make you comfortable.

Michigan
Level Contributor
228 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

Not worried anymore - at least our place is nice. Maybe it's just the owners sense of responsibility but all is well for our place. Nothing is ever perfect, just like my house, there's always something that needs attending to.

Dallas, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

Glad the villa has worked out for you. Bequia is fantastic. Of course your'e right, nothing is ever perfect. If Ylang Ylang had reliably running water and if we could have used the swimming pool which we paid for, we could have over looked the other issues. Have a great time.

Michigan
Level Contributor
228 posts
41 reviews
10. Re: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia

Oh I agree, it sounds like a nightmare! Just awful!

Reply to: Ylang Ylang Villa - Jasmine Suite - Bequia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia
Recent Conversations