We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessible accommodations on the beach.

Canastota, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Accessible accommodations on the beach.

Hi-

I wanted to find out if there are any beachfront accommodations where one can walk out to the beach, under $400 night? Husband is elderly, has difficulty walking up and down hills and in rocky areas.

Thank-you

8 replies to this topic
Bequia
Level Contributor
123 posts
106 reviews
1. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

It is rather late to be booking for this year, but you might try Keegan's; Smitty has several rooms and apartments that might have some availability. Also Kingsville may have something. Or De Reef Apartments.

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

And you could check out www,grenadinevillas.com. Most of the beachside properties do get booked up early, but always worth enquiring, especially if you can be flexible with your dates. Lower Bay would be a good opton as the beach is accessible, there are a number of bars and restaurants 'on the flat' and the sea is generally calmer than on the Atlantic side

Canastota, New York
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

Thanks so much for your replies. We wouldn't be looking to stay until June 2018.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
374 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

I would agree that Lower Bay could be a great option for you as there is a range of accommodation at beach level that would give you easy, level access. Another option, if budget allows, might be Bequia Beach Hotel, particularly their beach front rooms, but the water there can be a little rougher and you would need a taxi or a car to go out of the hotel complex.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

I'd look at Lower Bay for sure: Keegan's, Kingsville, or Lower Bay Apartments

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
6. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

You could also try the Cottage at the Sugar Apple Inn - http://www.sugarappleinn.com in Friendship Bay.

2 posts
7. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

In June you could probably rent the Kingston Beach House on Lower Bay - it's a two bedroom cottage right on the beach. Contact tannbark@hotmail.com for more details.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
8. Re: Accessible accommodations on the beach.

Try louise@bluegrenadines.com as they have a range of properties on their website (www.bluegrenadines.com) are quick to respond and were really helpful with me when I booked my recent trip, hopefully they may have something to suit?

Reply to: Accessible accommodations on the beach.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia