We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
34 reviews
Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

Air Canada has just announced today that they will have flights from Toronto to SVG from mid December 2017 through to mid April 2018...that's exciting news...doesn't do squat for those of us that live here and want to fly out of SVG in the summer, but it's a great start and should hopefully be great for getting people in and out of here in the winter months...

26 replies to this topic
World
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
54 reviews
21. Re: Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

I gather that all went well for the first flight and I am looking forward to taking it in January.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
15 reviews
22. Re: Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

Plane was full! Not sure how many were on the return leg. Love the elevated gate way. Rain? No problem. Customs and Immigration went pretty good. A little slow on baggage but no biggie. Had a taxi lined up and made the 6pm ferry to Bequia with 20 minutes to spare.

World
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
54 reviews
23. Re: Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

The connection to the afternoon flight to Mustique from the AC flight went very well I am told as well, but no airside transfer. I am told one has to pick up bags and then clear back through security but perhaps that can be ironed out in time like we do in St Lucia.

The flight to Mustique was 11 minutes.

Mango: What was in the gift bags that were handed out when you landed?

Edited: 17 December 2017, 04:47
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
352 posts
15 reviews
24. Re: Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

In each gift bag were a small pouch containing a key fob/bottle opener, an AIA coffee mug, a book called Do32 (about the 32 islands and cays of SVG, a bar fridge size bottle of Black Wine and a commemrative newsletter. We also got a pair of Rouge sunglasses when leaving Toronto.

Bequia
Destination Expert
for Bequia
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
34 reviews
25. Re: Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

too bad there wasn't a bar of Vincy Chocolate...that would have been really nice, but I suppose it would have been all melted and that wouldn't have been good...

World
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
54 reviews
26. Re: Air Canada flights to St.Vincent

I am just back and have to say the AC service to Argyle was great.

We left Toronto on time at 9:40 (very civilized hour) and arrived 20 minutes late at 4 pm.

As one of the first people off the plane immigration was efficient, but there only appeared to be 4 immigration officers so for a plane of 140 people it might be a wait if you were slow off the plane.

Baggage came off relatively quickly but the priority bags were not offloaded first.

The first snag was was the customs officers who insisted on opening my bags.

Reply to: Air Canada flights to St.Vincent
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bequia
Recent Conversations