We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
324 posts
71 reviews
Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

Has anyone stayed at the Nelson Beach Villas and Spa. This is different from the Nelson Beach Spring I just discovered. Help looking at July 2017.

8 replies to this topic
Texas
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

You are a little confused.

Nelson Beach Villas and Spa is the new name for the "vacation rental arm" of a condo complex originally called the Condos at Nelson Springs. Prior to the "new name" the vacation rental units used to be marketed as "Nelson Spring Resort". The name change came about because they recently had a change in property management.

Regardless of the name you go by there is only one complex. The NAME "Nelson Spring" comes from the natural spring that feeds the pond adjacent to the condo complex. It is where Admiral Nelson anchored his ship and took on fresh water.

The complex consists of a group of about 10 or 12 units that are privately owned condos, some of which are rented out by the owners for use as short term vacation rentals when the owners are not in residence.

The units were built about 6 or 8 years years ago but the interiors of some were not completed until they were sold a couple of years later. They are upscale dwellings attractively furnished to reflect the owner's personal style. The units are arranged in a horseshoe shaped arch around a swimming pool. all have views of the water. There are 4 units that are beachfront and with 4 or 6 others that are termed Beach Access. Don't let that term fool you, the only thing between the beach access units and the beach is the pool. The beach itself is quite wide (I'd estimate about 60' from the water's edge to the start of the vegetation line and the "beachfront units) and never very crowded.

Not to confuse you more but the same developer just built another beachfront condo complex a few hundred yards south of the Nelson Springs Condos call "Hamilton Beach Villas & Spa" They are similar units with the main difference being the facades of the buildings and they have a "second tier" of units (not all completed yet) that are located behind the "first tier" so they don't have water views.

Hope this helps.

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
324 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

Thank you. I am a planner and my husband and I will be visiting the island June/July 2017 for 12 days visiti St. Kitts and Nevis splitting time in each. Looking at one bedroom ocean views a must. Any help thank u

Edited: 14 October 2016, 02:59
Sidney, Canada
Level Contributor
274 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

Great location and marvelous beach but it must be understood that this is not a "resort"...it is a self catering complex of condos, but there is a restaurant across the street (Indian Summer...very good) and many other eating places a close drive away, depending on the season. Each unit independently decorated and maintained....get photos and appropriate statements from the owner or management company before you rent. Most are good but some not so much. Also check on any construction that may be going on near-by. Gotta love the beach, though. Cheers, Richard.

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
324 posts
71 reviews
4. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

Richard, Thank you for your quick response. I certainly will heed that advice. Thanks Again. I appreciate trip advisors . I have posted so many reviews to help folks with honest reviews nice to get some in return.

Lido Beach, New York
1 post
1 review
5. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

Hi,

I am planning a trip with my husband in February 2017. Would love any update if you have researched these 2 properties.

Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
552 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

CaribSurfer & Viceroy give the best information concerning this condo development. It is really NOT a resort anymore. Many of these developments advertised as such until they finished the build-out and sold the units.

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
324 posts
71 reviews
7. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

As a reviewer for the last 4 years and a reader and have taken the advice of fellow travelers, I felt compelled to write about my experience of trying to book for my up and coming vacation to Nevis. Nelson Springs which are are condos that rent out to vacationers has some real issues. Although I found the manager Deli, nice enough and tried to work with me, I think the owners and the overall management of the spot not up to par. The condo I was trying to secure is up for sale, my concern if they sold it before my arrival date where would it leave us, as I was told I do not have to pay anything until I actually arrived. Not comfortable with that as there is no real commitment as I always had to put NO money down to secure spot. When I raised the question I was emailed that I should look elsewhere. Vacationer Beware. I have secured other lodging that is a little cheaper and a great spot. There are previous reviews on this forum about Nelson Springs one should heed to the warning. They should get it together if the owners are serious about vacation renters. I find the only time people/companies will respond to problems if they are forced to by bad press.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
60 reviews
8. Re: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa

contact jwkerry55@hotmail.com he can help. I stayed at his condo for 9 weeks, Jan 2017 through March 2017. Best views right from the dining area balcony! walked 5km daily on the wonderfully sandy beach. Indian Summer restaurant just across the main road from the complex, Units 1A/B/C/D & 8A/B/C/D are right on the beach. Two bedroom condo with full kitchen.

Reply to: Nelson Beach Villas and Spa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Charlestown