We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

Greer, South...
Level Contributor
91 posts
103 reviews
Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

We'll be celebrating our 15 yr wedding anniversary in July and was wondering if anyone could comment as to a good oceanview room/building to request when making our reservation. Any help will be appreciated. My wife likes the idea of walking out from a first floor room, but I wanted to make sure we were close to something when we walk out.

Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Texas
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

Go to the Four Seasons, Nevis website, click on "Accommodations" then "Deluxe Ocean-View Room" and/or "Deluxe Ocean-Side Room" - there you'll find descriptions of the views from the various rooms/buildings. You can then use the "Destination" dropdown menu on the Home Page to bring up a Resort Map which will show you the location of each building and their proximity to the various other "resort buildings. !Choose the building(s) that most closely fit your desires. There are NO BAD ROOM LOCATIONS at the Four Seasons Resort, only DIFFERENT LOCATIONS.

Greer, South...
Level Contributor
91 posts
103 reviews
2. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

You seem to be the information guru for Nevis :) I was there about 4 years ago and have been so excited to go back. Do you happen to know a taxi-driver that is a retired school principal? He drove me to Golden Rock and gave me a 2nd cell phone to call him when I was done. He was so great and I've been trying to find his name ever since. Thanks for all your help.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,684 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

Sorry, can't help with a specific name as I'd need more info to go on. There are a lot of very good taxi drivers on Nevis.

Boston...
Level Contributor
85 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

Scott:

Our taxi driver was Morel Claxton and I believe he was a school principal and his wife is a school teacher.

Are you dead set on an ocean view room? We booked a mountain side room for our July stay and received a complimentary upgrade to a mountain view room. I must say that waking up to Nevis Peak and the sugar mill each morning was surreal. Ocean view rooms are nice at FS however privacy is an issue and if you choose a ground floor room, views of the ocean can be somewhat limited. Mountain view rooms have the ultimate in privacy and are less expensive.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
402 posts
5. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

We've had both mountain view and ocean view rooms when staying at FS and I have to agree both are lovely.

6. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2013, 01:04

los altos hills
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

I believe his name is Fitzroy Williams with Teach Tours. 869-469-1142. We used him years ago and I have kept his card. knew it would come in handy one day!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
76 posts
32 reviews
8. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

We met Teach as well! He was truly wonderful. We didn't do a tour with him, since we had already done one earlier on before we met Teach. But he gave us a wonderful voiceover of some sights we passed while he drove us to dinner. (He is also a taxi driver.)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
9. Re: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?

Since it is your anniversary, I highly recommend that you request a room in Building 10 or 9. I believe both are adults-only buildings and are very close to the water. 10 is very close to the no-children pool, as well, so you might want to request 9 instead and specify privacy because 10 is close enough that I think you will be in view of anyone at the pool.

We were originally placed in Building 1, on the other side of the resort, and we requested to move because of crying children next door. Also, Building 1 had barely any view of the water and was a very far walk from everything, including where the beach chairs are set up.

Reply to: Four Seasons room/building recommendation?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Charlestown