We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to 7 Mile Beach from Port?

Altamonte Springs...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to 7 Mile Beach from Port?

Will be in port on 3/5/2018, and want to spend the day on the 7 Mile Beach. How much is a taxi from the Port? How easy is it to get a taxi? Anything we should know before we do this? We are very seasoned Jamaica travelers venturing out to do some cruising to see and experience other islands. Any suggestions for food on the beach? Is Calico Jack's touristy and fun like Senor Frog's in Cozumel? Are there are a lot of hustlers selling their wares on the beach???

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Calico Jack's Bar & Grill
921 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to 7 Mile Beach from Port?

Then I hope that we can help out a bit!

Taxis and buses from the port up the Seven Mile Beach strip to either Royal Palms or Public Beach/Calico Jack's will be very easy for you to find. I don't know how much either charges for the trip.

Calico Jack's is a ramshackle small beach bar - picnic tables in the sand type place. It's completely outdoors, even though part of it is under a roof. It tends to be pretty laid-back in my opinion.

I think that the closest you are going to get to a Senoi\r Frog's type experience would be Margaritaville in downtown George Town.

Aside from beach chair, umbrellas, etc, and renting of sea craft, there are no vendors selling their wares on the beach - that is illegal on the Cayman Islands. Look for vendors at the small Cayman Craft Market in George Town on South Church Street at Boiler's Rd (just down from Guy Harvey's)

For food on the beach Calico's has some pretty good burger type options, and then there is Royal Palms that have a wider menu. If you want a little more upscale there is Hemingways which is an asian caribbean fusion.

Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned in this post
921 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Margaritaville Beach Resort Grand Cayman
Margaritaville Beach...
217 Reviews
Grand Cayman
George Town
George Town
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Hemingway's
Hemingway's
536 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Altamonte Springs...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to 7 Mile Beach from Port?

Awesome. Thank you kindly for the response and information!!!

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
4,201 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to 7 Mile Beach from Port?

From royal palms website...taxi fare information

https:/…

Reply to: Taxi to 7 Mile Beach from Port?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted