We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

3 posts
ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

Hello,

We will be staying on Seven Mile Beach next week and I’m wondering if there is any place close to rent ATV’s and ride around anywhere in Grand Cayman?

Thanks for info in advance!

9 replies to this topic
Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,219 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

Not available.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

Nope, and I don't recall ever seeing an ATV on island. An ATV on 7 Mile Beach would ruin the experience. I want peace & quiet. Not someone buzzing up & down the beach.

Edited: 01 December 2017, 04:58
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
100 reviews
3. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

The only possible place that you could use an ATV would be Barkers, up in the north west corner of the island, but I don't know of any company that rents them out, not have a I seen them. The police on the island have been cracking down hard on a largish group of dirt bikers who have been out recently, just to give you an idea of how things are.

If you want that type of thing then personal watercraft (Seadoos and the like) are going to be your best bet, I would think.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
9,402 posts
197 reviews
4. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

+1 for Nope. Agree PWC would be the most similar option.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

Thank goodness for no ATVs on SMB!!!!

3 posts
6. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

Okay thanks for info, clearly I’m clueless about the place but have a better idea now after these comments and doing some research. I’ll save atvs for another trip! Just want to do everything possible when I’m there!

3 posts
7. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

Ok great thanks so much for info

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,384 posts
117 reviews
8. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

Emily....no problem. Good that you asked now rather than expect ATVs and ve disappointed. I strongly suggest that you read through the FAQs on the top right side of the website. Unfortunately they do not appear on your mobile. Yet.

hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
9. Re: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?

If that research hasn't already made it really obvious, the water is most of the reason for visiting GC. It's a relatively small island, and there's not as much to do on land as there is in many other destinations, so a great deal of the tourism is all about helping visitors enjoy the various watersport options. It's possible that somebody could make a viable business out of offering ATV excursions, but I think it would be more about simply riding them than getting any kind of an island tour; there's really not even a good hill to offer expansive views of the island or the shore. I'm not sure how many might be found at Caribbean destinations, but there are definitely places that are better suited to ATV excursions.

The land-based activities are limited compared to many other destinations, but there are enough to offer a fair amount of time away from the water. Perhaps the closest thing to an ATV excursion is riding a horse along the beach and in the water. The Mastic Trail is pretty much the only real hiking trail on the island. The botanic park and Cayman Crystal caves are in the same general area, roughly the center of the island, and all 3 together could pretty much fill a day. Of course there's the usual cultural and historic things to visit, as well.

Reply to: ATV Rentals on our near SMB?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seven Mile Beach