We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling

on a cruise now and looking to do some snorkeling , wife dont like it just looking to lay on beach , i have been looking at 7 mile beach ,i guess we could get a taxi to there and do it ,, didnt know if they was a guy that could take us and do it and maybe take us around afterwards , we will be docked up from 8:00 ( off the boat i say 10ish ) and back on by 4:00 should be back by 2:00 i guess , might be better to go our-self ? be better by the time we get there and and get back ?

any ideas, i dont know were we dock up

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
9,883 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling

You don't actually dock in Grand Cayman. The ships drop anchor and guests are tendered back and forth. The port is near George Town unless the seas are snotty in which case you are brought in on the south side. SMB is not the best spot for snorkeling because it is a sandy beach. Rum Point might be better for both of you. It is highly possible your cruise line has busses to go there. Look on the cruise forum or cruise critic, look at the questions in the top corner of this page and check Testudo's guide. If I was in your place I would book a trip to Stingray City that makes snorkel stops on the reef and then will drop you at the beach. That snorkeling is awesome and the rays are not to be missed.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling

+1 for Retrip's suggestion.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkeling

is it best for me to do a trip with my cruise ? of get off and get a taxi and go ? if i do it with cruise its 70 bucks a person and with my wife not doing snorkeling i don t know what to do , maybe if i had a guide ,, i have one ready in Jamaica for a day

thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,149 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkeling

Even if your wife does not snorkel, the trip to Sting Ray City is well worth the price..... it is the #1 thing to do on Grand Cayman. It is a boat excursion and the boat will anchor in waist deep water..... you get off the boat & walk -- or rather shuffle -- around to interact with the rays. There will be at least one snorkel stop too, but no need to get off the boat unless she wants to. You should not miss this experience....IMHO!

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
83 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snorkeling

thanks ,,, i talked with the people her on ship and i went with the tiki beach , they said there should be a place for my wife to lay out , thanks for all the info been great

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
6,852 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkeling

Yes, you should absolutely trust the advice of your fellow passengers on the cruise ship. Hanging out at a bar on some Caribbean beach is a great way to spend the day. Enjoy!

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
151 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkeling

Let us know what you ended up doing and how it worked out. We are cruising to Grand Cayman in a couple of weeks and are also wanting to snorkel. Would love some advice.

8. Re: snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2017, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about George Town