We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayman Underwater Observatory

Florida
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cayman Underwater Observatory

We will be in Cayman next Monday and would like to go on a glass bottom boat. Any recommendations? We can book one through our

cruise line, but was hoping to get a less expensive

tour company.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,678 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayman Underwater Observatory

I think Red Sail Sports might have one at Rum Point, but it is also possible that it is the same one through the cruise line. Another thought is the Atlantis Sub.

Mentioned in this post
Rum Point
Rum Point
2,501 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayman Underwater Observatory

I did the red sail glass bottom boat tour a couple of years ago from Rum Point and I really wouldn't recommend it. You couldn't see anything! The nautilus boat and the atlantis submarine are better.

Mentioned in this post
Rum Point
Rum Point
2,501 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayman Underwater Observatory

We did the Nautalis semi sub a couple of weeks ago and it was very well done. They do a little tour and stop for snorkeling which was excellent. This was the second time we have done it and it was good both times.

London, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayman Underwater Observatory

I am a resident of the Cayman Islands and I can recommend a wonderful service that leaves right next to the cruise ship docks. It's called the glass bottom boat and it goes round to the reef and over the shipwreck. It offers snorkelling and fish feeding and takes approximately an hour. A wonderful experience if you want to get in the water or if you wold prefer to have the water experience without the necessity of getting wet yourself. I would highly recommend it.

To book call: (+345) 9289449

Mentioned in this post
GC
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
770 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayman Underwater Observatory

Have you considered a real submarine?

https://www.caymanislandssubmarines.com/

6. Re: Cayman Underwater Observatory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about George Town