We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Hello,

I will be visiting in July(6th -10th) and staying with a relative in Georgetown. I will be on my own most days and want to spend as much time on the beach as possible. Is there hotel or Beach Club where I can get a day pass for around $100 USD? A little higher or lower is fine. I've seen some online but its around $300 because they are meant for a group of 4 but at that price for just me I might as well stay at a hotel! I just want to be on a nice beach, laid out on a lounger, with the ability to get a cold drink and bathroom facilities. I will be renting a car so traveling is not a problem.

Thank you for your help.

13 replies to this topic
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,295 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Do your friends have a beach chair or lounger that you could use? If so, then pack a cooler with you and head to Public Beach. No need to spend $100 a day!

Troy, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

I liked Hemmingways although the loungers weren't made for reading a book (which is what I like to do)! The food was excellent (Asian Fusion) and the service was pretty decent. There is a minimum food charge although I can't find the information on their website I don't really it being too much.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
117 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

I’d recommend Hemingways (the former Beach Suites). The hotel is currently closed but the restaurant is very much alive. For a minimum (I believe it’s $25) purchase of food or beverage, you can use their lounge chairs. Probably your best bet. If it’s not a cruise day, you might also like Royal Palms. Both places have websites, so take a look.

You could also go to Smith’s Cove/Barcadere if you bring your own chair.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
11,031 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Hotels usually only do passes in slow season which is doubtful this year with demand so high. Beach Clubs have tons of day visitors. Hemingways or self reliance may be your options.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
7,241 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Some other beach club options are the previously mentioned Royal Palms and the Public Beach section of Seven Mile Beach near Calico Jacks and the Kimpton. Both have chair and umbrella rentals for ~$10 each with food, drink, restrooms and changing rooms/showers.

As mentioned, all the beach "club" areas are popular with cruise ship daytrippers, so they can get crowded.

TravelingBritNY's advice to borrow or buy a portable beach chair while on-island is also my recommendation. You'll then have all 5.5 miles of Seven Mile Beach, plus any other beach on the island, available to situate yourself.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
6,589 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Another vote for Hemingway’s which requires a minimum purchase (not hard to meet that) plus bathrooms, pool, lounge chairs included.

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,295 posts
100 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Hemingways is starting to get very popular with the cruise visitors too, so be aware that it may be busy.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
722 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

I always feel really comfortable alone at Hemingways. Good food and drinks and I don’t feel rushed or pressured to keep spending. If you plan for lunch and a drink or two - you’ll have no issues meeting the minimum spend. And clean bathrooms are a plus!

Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Worth mentioning - we got a day pass for the beach at the Westin in mid-November last year, with no issues. 2 adults with 2 young children, about $120 (and a room key, should we have needed to use a room!) Of course this time of year might be much busier, but it could be worth asking. Their beach is so beautiful! And beach service for drinks/food was very good. The first time we tried we were rained off after a couple of hours, but they kindly let us use our pass again a couple of days later when the sun came back out :)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
117 reviews
10. Re: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club

Kirisetta.....thanks for sharing your experience. November is traditionally still the slow season, as hurricanes are still possible. Sounds as if you had a great experience! So I guess it never hurts to call the hotel directly (not their 800 number) and enquire if the day pass is available. Interesting.

Reply to: Hotel Day pass or Beach Club
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town