We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

I see picture of people chest-deep in water and would like to know where everyone keeps their stuff (cell phone, wallet, camera, etc.)

11 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,557 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

Usually when I go on a boat outing I have a drivers license, credit card, tip money and thats it unless its a dive trip so I have gear. Never bring a camera on a boat unless it is in the housing so it is in the water with me. Cell phone stays at home. It tend to wear the Colombia type shirts as a cover upand they have the velcor pockets so everything stays put when I pull it on and off.

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

I bring my camera with me. The rest of my stuff I leave on the boat. I dont bring alot of money with me and I leave my cell phone at home most of the time.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
580 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

I did bring my cell phone and left it in my beach bag on the boat.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

If you go to amazon.com you will find waterproof pouches to protect phones and valuables, but I am not sure I would trust my phone in one. I leave it in a beach bag on the boat like Iowaguy.

Edited: 29 September 2017, 22:43
Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse, Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5,737 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

I have a "dry bag" which is sealed so I could drop it in the water and stuff inside wouldn't get wet. Wallet, phone, keys... pretty much everything else goes in there before I get on the boat and it stays on the boat.

There are many dry bags out there. Some of them you can even put a lock on. Examples are at https:/…3414201

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

When I drive to a beach, I too take as little as possible. And I don't leave anything visible in the locked car. But of course you can't take the car key in the water with you unless you have a waterproof pouch. We leave the car key wrapped up in one of our coverups or towels which we leave on the beach with our flip flops.

So far, so good.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

Dry bag is the way to unless you have Samsung phone that can be submerged..

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,147 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

On the boat? A I missing something? Where does the OP keep their valuables when they take a shower?

Agree that I always carry a dry bag on boats, usually in a backpack or other bag that can be securely closed.

ny
Level Contributor
322 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

"On the boat? Am I missing something? Where does the OP keep their valuables when they take a shower?"

A fine response indeed.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,557 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?

Aaaa. You are not missing anything really. But it is very hard to comment realistically on such a broad topic. Is the Op coming on a cruise and wants to carry a lot of unnecessary (on a beachBoat stuff?). The questions are sometimes so vague that they need clarification, sometimes the question like weather is impossible, sometimes it is so specific to a venue that the venue needs to answer it, sometimes the question was literally just asked. On the flip side people answer questions with absolutely no firsthand experience. Some have never even been here and some just paste and copy and some just make stuff up. TA is no different than anything else you need to sift through and decide what best works for you.

Reply to: Where do you keep your valuables at Stingray City?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about George Town