We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resort/hotel questions

College Station...
Level Contributor
18 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
resort/hotel questions

I have been looking at the Marriott and it's getting outstanding reviews on everything except for the beach, or lack of beach really. I've also looked at the Regal Beach club right next door to the Marriott and this place has also received outstanding reviews, much bigger 2 bedroom living space, but it is not a service oriented place like the Marriott, meaning waiters, etc. I've read the beach is way better in front of the Regal Beach Club and not as crowded and you can walk right over in front of the Marriott and rent stuff. But with the Marriott its included (with a resort fee of course). We are looking for somewhere close to restaurants, shopping, things to do, good beach with clear blue water, clean/ nice/ updated rooms. I have older children (17 and 20) traveling with us. Any tips, suggestions or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Mentioned in this post
Regal Beach Club
Regal Beach Club
217 Reviews
Grand Cayman
Southern Cross Club
Southern Cross Club
#1 of 4 hotels in Little Cayman
Pirates Point Resort
Pirates Point Resort
#2 of 4 hotels in Little Cayman
Compass Point Dive Resort
Compass Point Dive Resort
#1 of 2 hotels in East End
3 replies to this topic
Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: resort/hotel questions

I think Regal Beach is a great choice for the reasons you mentioned. Lots of beach in front yet still close to the Marriott if you'd like to do some water sports or have a meal at one of their restaurants.

Grand Cayman
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
Level Contributor
10,718 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: resort/hotel questions

With a family I love the space a condo offers over a hotel room. For us it was a no brainer. Snacks and drinks right in the kitchen, washer/dryer for sandy wet stuff and just space to relax.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resort/hotel questions

I’m on board to go with the condo for all of the reasons mentioned above. And if you really need a bartender to make your cocktail vs making it yourself in your condo, the hotel is right next door. RBC beach is at least twice as deep as the Marriotts. And fewer people.

Reply to: resort/hotel questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted