We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean View Rooms

Wilmington, North...
3 posts
Save Topic
Ocean View Rooms

I have heard about specific Ocean View rooms being better than others. Can anyone comment on this? Any opinions or advice? Thanks so much.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean View Rooms

Can't answer on that specific property, but don't get hung up on the rooms. You'll spend so little time in them, it's hardly worth it. As long as the sheets are clean, the toilet flushes and maybe some a/c,what more can one ask for? Save the $$$ for the bar tab

Wilmington, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean View Rooms

Excellent advice. Thanks!

NY
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean View Rooms

Hello

We just visited PI in May and had an Ocean View room. Our room was #119, and it was, at least for us, perfect! If my memory serves me correctly, the higher up numbers are more towards the "point", which have a little better view of Tortola. The lower numbers are closer to the pool and Tradewinds restaurant.

Wherever your room is for the OV there are palm trees, views of the water, and the grounds. To us, saving the $ and getting an OV room was worth it. Some people feel that the BeachFront suites are way better, but the price is way more. We never did get to look inside of those rooms, but they really do seem beautiful. We might try them next time. I know they are much bigger, and have a jacuzzi, right on the beach etc., but, our taste has changed. We used to always go for the luxurious, expensive rooms, but realized that we really do just use the room to sit on the balcony, sleep, and relax. Most of the time we were on the beach!

Anyway, wherever your room is, you will love it. Enjoy! PI was paradise for us, we have been thinking about it every day since we returned home in May. I posted a trip report on here, and that should show you how much we enjoyed it...it was very very long LOL.

Have a great trip!

Regards,

Cin

Mentioned in this post
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Wilmington, North...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean View Rooms

Thanks Cin for your help

Dallas
Level Contributor
153 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean View Rooms

We went this year and last year in late June. Last year we had room 120; this year 119. They are second floor, next to one another and 119 is one room closer to the point. We loved both rooms and I would suggest requesting second floor closest to the point -- just because your view will be a little bit better of the ocean (the closer to the point you are). The first floor ocean view rooms are slightly bigger, but we like the upper floor with the cathedral ceilings. They are very cool, with a balcony overlooking all the action (although never noisy)

The beachfront rooms are bigger than OV and a stone's throw from the beach (hence the name) -- right down from Deadman's restaurant. However, they are not as convenient to Tradewinds restaurant, the pool, bar, lounge, etc. (Note: we have come to enjoy Deadman's more than Tradewinds. It's casual, you get a nice sea breeze, and the food is just as good)

You will love PI no matter what room you have. The only other advice I would give you (or anyone else who is going to book in the future) is to avoid booking from Thursday to Thursday. We did that last year and missed the Thursday trip to Virgin Gorda -- and barely made it to the Thursday night vintner's dinner upon our arrival. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Virgin Gorda
Virgin Gorda
British Virgin Islands
6. Re: Ocean View Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island