We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress Code?

nyc
9 posts
Save Topic
Dress Code?

I am going in two weeks and don't know what to pack? What is the dress code for dinner? Any comments on attire are welcome!

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress Code?

Dress code at dinner on Peter Island is "resort ware" otherwise known as elegant casual.

For women that means simple sundresses, skirt & blouse or pants and blouse and appropriate footware (no flip-flops).

For men, khakis or Dockers and collared shirt (golf shirts are fine) and closed toe shoes (boat shoes are perfect - no sandals).

You can find more details about the dress code in the FAQ section on the Peter Island website (www.peterisland.com).

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress Code?

OOPS! that should have read "resort wear".

Also during the day, shorts and t-shirts are acceptable. Coverups are required at lunch.

NY
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress Code?

Just curious myself about the dress code at PIR. We are going in two weeks as well..can't wait! (actually 1 week, four days to go..but who is counting?) I know men can't wear sandals, but can women? Not flip flops, but nice sandals which are open toe?

I have read their dress code on their website, and it does not state anything about the women's shoes? Obviously I wouldn't wear the regular rubber flip flops to dinner, but wasn't sure if open-toe sandals, ones with a slight heal, ones that are flat, with a meshlike material over the top would be acceptable?

Any help would be appreciated, as I do not want to call there again..I think they are already sick of me calling LOL.

To the Original Poster...if you plan on dining at Deadman's Beach Bar & Grill for dinner, they do allow shorts and sandals (for men) for dinner fyi.

Anyone out there know if the hair dryers in the rooms are good or not, or should I just bring my own in my checked bag?

OK..getting excited here...thanks in advance for any info on the above!

NY
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress Code?

Me again...forgot to ask for anyone that responds. Do you know if there are safes in the rooms? We are staying in an OV, not a Beachfront JS, would have loved that, but it was either go with an Ocean View, or not at all, so obviously...Ocean View it is!

We had visited Biras Creek a few years ago, so I assume that the dress code (shoes, etc.) is similar. I do not know why I am even asking about the shoes LOL, but at Bira's there was a safe in the room for passports, jewelery etc.

Thanks again!

Caribbean
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress Code?

Hi,

Yes there are safes in the rooms, hairdryers are o.k.

The dress code, on the beach grill it is casual, shorts, jeans, flip flops etc.

In the tradewinds resturant,it is long pants and collared shirts, and resort wear, the sandles you are talking about while be fine, hope you have a great time.

NY
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress Code?

Thanks Cariblisa...now I just need to only take a "couple" of pairs of sandals hehe! Thanks for the info on the safes and the blowdryers, much appreciated. Can't wait!

7. Re: Dress Code?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 02:20
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island