We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Willie T's

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Willie T's

Hello,

Just wondering if it's pretty easy to get a water taxi from Peter Island to drop you off and pick you up at Norman island and Willie T's?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Peter Island Resort and Spa
Peter Island Resort and...
968 Reviews
Peter Island
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Willie T's

Peaco,

We had a great time on PI in 06: …smugmug.com/gallery/2448625_mqXZo#128417099 and I'm sure they can arrange for a boat charter for you to Willy T, but I'd check with PI. And I suggest calling the resort directly and not their 800 # in the U.S.

We've had some good lunches at Willy T: …smugmug.com/gallery/2452305_ieahT#128624662

but the food does not even come close to the fabulous lunches at Deadman's Bar & Grill on PI: …smugmug.com/gallery/3529991_QbTFZ#199685351

Personally, I'd save WT for another day and take the PI day sail snorkel trip: …smugmug.com/gallery/2449006_atGRt#128431373 It'll probably cost a similar amount, or perhaps less than a private boat charter to WT, and it's a lot more interesting.

Sincerely, alashas

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Willie T's

Just to correct a small error that I've been seeing quite frequently, it's called the "Willy-T" Short for William Thornton. Noticed this all over the place and just couldn't contain myself any longer, sorry :p!

Anyway back on topic, the most enjoyable way to get to the Willy-T is via a sailboat or powerboat, many stop there on day trips for lunch while snorkeling at the Caves and Indians.

Cheers -

Michael

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Willie T's

Hmmm, Michael, I see the WT spelled several different ways on their website: http://www.williamthornton.com/more.html

but can't find the "-"

(:>) alashas

ps, here's a few more photos:

…smugmug.com/gallery/2454453_Upijm#129643468

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Willie T's

The Willy-T is actually named for William Thornton, an architect and planter on Tortola from the late 1700's-early 1800's (he actually was responsible for designing the U.S. capitol building). If you click the link alash placed you can read a bit more about it in the "About" section.

Mentioned in this post
Tortola
Tortola
British Virgin Islands
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Willie T's

watch out for the "photo" section! might not want children to see...

6. Re: Willie T's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island