We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Willie T's

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Willie T's

Hello,

Just wondering if it's pretty easy to get a water taxi from Peter Island to drop you off and pick you up at Norman island and Willie T's?

Thanks

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
1. Re: Willie T's

Peaco,

We had a great time on PI in 06: …smugmug.com/gallery/2448625_mqXZo#128417099 and I'm sure they can arrange for a boat charter for you to Willy T, but I'd check with PI. And I suggest calling the resort directly and not their 800 # in the U.S.

We've had some good lunches at Willy T: …smugmug.com/gallery/2452305_ieahT#128624662

but the food does not even come close to the fabulous lunches at Deadman's Bar & Grill on PI: …smugmug.com/gallery/3529991_QbTFZ#199685351

Personally, I'd save WT for another day and take the PI day sail snorkel trip: …smugmug.com/gallery/2449006_atGRt#128431373 It'll probably cost a similar amount, or perhaps less than a private boat charter to WT, and it's a lot more interesting.

Sincerely, alashas

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
2. Re: Willie T's

Just to correct a small error that I've been seeing quite frequently, it's called the "Willy-T" Short for William Thornton. Noticed this all over the place and just couldn't contain myself any longer, sorry :p!

Anyway back on topic, the most enjoyable way to get to the Willy-T is via a sailboat or powerboat, many stop there on day trips for lunch while snorkeling at the Caves and Indians.

Cheers -

Michael

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
3. Re: Willie T's

Hmmm, Michael, I see the WT spelled several different ways on their website: http://www.williamthornton.com/more.html

but can't find the "-"

(:>) alashas

ps, here's a few more photos:

…smugmug.com/gallery/2454453_Upijm#129643468

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
817 posts
4. Re: Willie T's

The Willy-T is actually named for William Thornton, an architect and planter on Tortola from the late 1700's-early 1800's (he actually was responsible for designing the U.S. capitol building). If you click the link alash placed you can read a bit more about it in the "About" section.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: Willie T's

watch out for the "photo" section! might not want children to see...

6. Re: Willie T's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Peter Island
Recent Conversations