We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?

5 posts
Save Topic
12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?

My husband, infant son, and I are considering renting a villa at Little Leverick Bay in early December (between holidays). Since we will be traveling with an infant (our son will be 16-months-old), we want to keep things logistically simple. We don't want to move around too much, so we are considering renting one villa for 12 nights. Is that too long to stay in Virgin Gorda? I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?

It really depends on what you want to do for 12 days. I'm fairly certain, with time and resources, that a visit of months would not suffice for my family. You, however, may have a different agenda and perspective than us. What do you wish to do while there?

Boston
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?

I don't think it is too long to stay in VG assuming that you are able to keep yourself busy as it is a quieter island relative to others. Personally, I would rather stay in the Valley because I would not want to do that drive every day and the beaches are nicer. As stated above, knowing what you want to do will help people in answering your question.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?

I agree----it depends. Some folks would be bored, others would think they were in heaven. We're in the second category. And I also agree about staying in the southern part of the island. That's where the real attraction of VG lies for us.

LA
Level Contributor
45 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?

We just returned from an 11 day stay on VG. We wish we could have stayed a bit longer and plan to try to squeeze in 14 days next year. We stayed at Little Dix Bay which was a perfect location for us. We were there with our 9 yr old which is a lot different than a 16 month old :)

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?

Leverick Bay is a terrific place to stay, with some of the best breezes on VG, stunning views of North Sound, several shops, including a small, but generally well stocked grocery store, excellent restaurant, and one of the best spas we've ever used. The other resorts and restaurants in North Sound are lovely places to visit. Keep in mind that Leverick has 2 small beaches, and the Baths and beaches, as well as Spanish Town, are on the southern part of the island, about a 20 - 25 min. drive. You might want to consider spending part of your stay at Leverick, and the other half at Mahoe Bay, which is also managed by Leverick Bay, or a place further south.

Have a great trip, alashas

http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Reply to: 12 nights at a Leverick Bay Villa - too long?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Sound