We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two centre in BVI's ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Two centre in BVI's ?

I think we may have all ready decided on Biras Creek for one week, but can anybody suggest somewhere for our second week please? We would be travelling back to the UK at the end of it, so nowhere that would make the journey too complicated.?

8 replies to this topic
Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

Biras Creek is a hard act to follow! I'm sure you will enjoy your stay there.

I see from your other posts that you considered Guana Island, but didn't like the lack of air conditioning. You might want to give Guana another look. Depending upon when you are travelling, AC may not be necessary, given the wonderful breezes. I believe that Guana Island provides transportation to/from the Beef Island airport.

You might also take a look at The Sugar Mill Hotel, on Tortola, which has air conditioned rooms - http://www.sugarmillhotel.com/

For something entirely different, you could rent a private villa for the week or you could charter a sailing trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

thank you, I have just been looking at the Sugar Mill. Have you stayed there?

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

Haven't stayed at Sugar Mill as we prefer renting villas. I have heard good reports from friends who honeymooned there. Hopefully someone who's stayed at Sugar Mill recently will respond.

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

Thanks for your help, still dithering, having looked at Scrub Island, Sugar Mill & Guana, at the moment prefer Guana, but have a few months before having to decide!

Ridgewood, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,600 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

Tough decision!

If I were making the decision now, I think I would go for Guana. The resort at Guana Island is well established, well regarded, and completely different from Biras Creek.

The atmosphere at Sugar Mill may be too similar (in some ways) to Biras, and the Sugar Mill's beach is small (but nice!). Scrub Island is still in the process of becoming the resort that it will be; so, who knows? Be sure to follow the reviews to see what develops.

Whatever you decide, please keep us updated!

Oxford
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

Guana is top of the tree but a self-contained paradise. Biras is also somewhat isolated in its own way. For a bit of a change, you could also consider Frenchmans near Soper's Hole (West End) :

http://www.frenchmansbvi.com/

This is a lovely place, very private and extremely attentive but also within walking distance of Soper's Hole where it's easy to pick up a ride over to St John / Jost van Dyke etc.for day-trips if you fancied. Easy taxi ride or drive from North Shore beaches. If you're coming from Biras I think Frenchmans might be an easier transition than Sugar Mill on Tortola.

Leaving is easy. Just get a cab to Beef Island Airport (35-45 mins) and you're on your way home.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

How about Peter Island? I think Guana would be heads and shoulders above the other places mentioned from what I know of it. I think Scrub Island is still a bit empty. As another poster said, you could also rent a really nice villa.

London, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Two centre in BVI's ?

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments, I am now thinking Guana & Peter Island, but keep dithering! Still, I am sure we will enjoy where ever we go. Who couldn't as they all look beautiful!

Reply to: Two centre in BVI's ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about North Sound