We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baraka Point - Nail Bay

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Baraka Point - Nail Bay

I'm planing a trip to Baraka Point and wanted to know about the quality of the beach at the estate. Villa rental sites are not always forthcoming about a villa's flaws. I have been to VG before, but didn't go to the Nail Bay area. As a reference point, we stayed at Sol y Sombra on our last trip, which we liked a great deal and loved the beach at Valley Trunk Bay. We would go back there, but our party might be a litle too large for Sol y Sombra. Baraka Point (and nearby Nail Bay Resort) both seem to make some some subtle references to Nail Bay perhaps being a nice place for a walk and there's good swimming at the other two nearby beaches. But the pictures of Nail Bay on Baraka Point's website seem great. Just looking for some insight from someone who has been there.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baraka Point - Nail Bay

I have not been there, but I know the beaches of that resort fairly well, as well of the beaches you were next to at Sol y Sombra. Yes, I like the beach better at Sol y Sombra. From Spring Bay to Valley Trunk is as special a stretch of beach you will find anywhere. However, there is nothing wrong with the beach where Baraka Point is located and, better yet, the snorkeling is stronger there than it is on the southwestern end of the island.

I took a look at that property on Google Earth and it looks to me like there is a private path from Baraka Point to Long Bay. Ask the folks at Nail Bay if that is the case, because if it is you are in for a treat. Long Bay is a hidden gem on Virgin Gorda, rarely visited and more so now that the road down there is, from what I was told just two months ago, washed out. If you do have a private path , that may mean virtually sole access to a lovely stretch of beach with very good snorkeling just off shore.

I am also a fan of the snorkeling at Mountain Trunk, which is the other main Nail Bay beach. You are, of course, right down the road from the outstanding snorkeling at Mahoe. Just south of that is Pond and Savannah, which are probably the best sand beaches on the island. I really do not think you will be suffering for beach at Nail Bay!

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baraka Point - Nail Bay

Baraka Point is a great place to spend a vacation for large parties. No beach is better than the one at Sol y Sombre as it is world reknown but the beach is basically private as there are few homes on that beach. The is a private path that leads to you the beach and has its own little beach resort feel. The owners are terrific. The staff and service may be the best I have ever seen. I work in the villa business and and rental world wide for my clients and Baraka NEVER disappoints. I recommend them 150%. If you have children with you they will have the time of thier lives with the childrens programs or their new onsite Spa. The place is perfect!

I hope this helps!

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baraka Point - Nail Bay

actually to add a little more about it i can say that Baraka has a new beach buggy for their clients to use to get to the 3 beaches around Baraka and they have a motorized water sports program off the beach where they have their boats. The beach at Baraka in Nail Bay has some of the best snorkelling on Virgin Gorda and is totally private without people or boats accessing the area and only 4 houses access that beach so it is always super quiet and feels like your own. The privacy and water sports at Baraka are better than any other villa on the island. I loved it when I staryed there!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baraka Point - Nail Bay

We returned from a week-long stay at Baraka Point a few weeks ago. (We were there from 2/19-2/26.) There is one beach that you can access walking down some steep rock stairs directly on the resort, and then there is another beach (where we spent most of our time) that is a quick drive from the resort. We used the 'mule' (beach buggy) to get back & forth. It was quick & easy. A little coordination was required since we had 13 people in our party. (A few times people got left in one place or the other and either had to hike back or swim over. It wasn't a big deal.) The great staff at Baraka will pack you a lunch, etc. to take with you to the beach if you'd like. Enjoy!! Wish I were on my way back. :)

5. Re: Baraka Point - Nail Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations