We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DiveBVI vs Sunchaser Scuba

Philadelphia...
14 posts
DiveBVI vs Sunchaser Scuba

Looking for any updated thoughts or preferences between these two dive ops on Virgin Gorda.

Have contacted both:

- Sunchaser staff seemed much friendlier on phone, willing to provide information, sent a much more insightful email response. BUT, you can't drive to it (we're not staying at BEYC), so you need to add time to drive to Gun Creek, wait for then take ferry over to BEYC, etc. I'm not sure how much hassle factor this will add over ~ 5 days of diving (and will the time spent encroach on our time to do other things throughout the island after finishing morning dives).

- DiveBVI seems easier to get to, entirely by car (no ferry), but their staff on the phone and their email response was pretty minimalistic.

Not sure if either has easier/better access to better dive sites (less trafficked reefs, less damaged reefs, access to the shipwreck Rhone, etc).

Any thoughts? Thanks!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: DiveBVI vs Sunchaser Scuba

I am not familiar with Sunchaser, but DiveBvi is a long time VG business with outstanding credentials and gets my hearty recommendation.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
158 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: DiveBVI vs Sunchaser Scuba

Where on the island are you staying? Dive BVI has two locations on VG, Leverick Bay and Yacht Harbor. I have used both and have been very satisfied

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
143 reviews
3. Re: DiveBVI vs Sunchaser Scuba

Sun chaser is at BEYC so like Geckobvi says - depends where you are staying - never had problems with Dive BVI - known worldwide as a solid operation but have not used Sun chaser

Philadelphia...
14 posts
4. Re: DiveBVI vs Sunchaser Scuba

Thank you everyone! I've only read great reviews of DiveBVI, so it looks like my mild concern about the brevity of their emails and phone interactions doesn't impact how amazing they are in person! Thanks again, everyone!

5. Re: DiveBVI vs Sunchaser Scuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2018, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations