We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

Galena, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

Day 8 ...shaving has long since been optional....coconut is now a part of my daily diet.... as is gin and Tonics and the most unbelievable string of luck has happened.....I've woken up better looking than the day before!..again! ....my beautiful bride of 32 years keeps giving me "that look"... and I am sure I'm taller and my posture is better. All this without using a "fit bit"!! I am buying stock in Canada Dry as I'm sure their tonic sales are going through the roof.

We have purposefully not did a thing today and have stayed at the villa...and we are doing it very well. The extent of my activities has been laying by the pool, snorkeling, seeing a small school of squid, having a drink, laying by the pool, having a drink, eating, having a drink, and thinking about when next I will eat and have a drink. I did have to drive 1 mile to the store for more tonic and that exhausted me.....my goals continue to be set lower and lower each day...and yet I am still achieving them. This is our last day on the island before we get on our Buddy Holly plane at the "Virgin Gorda International Airport" to head to San Juan and back to the states. I'll send out a final experience and tips and suggestions later but for now......if you are walking down Mahoe Beach today and see - a very interesting quite tall Adonis-like man....that will not be me....but I'm feeling like it as VG is for us a true paradise and worthy of a repeat trip. We have been fortunate to have stayed and traveled many places in the Carribean over the years and the wife said she wants to come back because of how special it is...... I think it's because of an Adonis-like man she met here...... I like this guy.....I have to go now and plan my next drink and eat another great meal.....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
285 posts
143 reviews
1. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

Great post - I am now almost recovered from my two weeks at Mahoe Bay - the work emails are now caught up and I am trying to figure out when to go back.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,252 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

Great post! I laughed out loud at the Buddy Holly plane comment as we have taken that same flight. I thought it was great when the pilot told the passenger he sat next to him that it was "ok to shut the little wing window now" ..... the look on her face was priceless.

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
954 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

Noooooooo!!!! You can't go home! What will I read for my daily comedy relief?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,252 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

Dune-Fine ..... And don't think for a minute that I'm doing live TR's when we're on VG in a week..... not even turning on the phone!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
32 reviews
5. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

Have a safe flight home. I think you should drop the Ohioguy and just make your handle BVIGUY! You have earned it!

My first journey over to VG was via ferry and a lady on the boat told me that you have to earn your trip, meaning you really do have to work to get there. It isn't easy, but it is so worth it.

BVIGuy, if I can call you that now, I am sure we will still hear from you and you will be like the rest of us, lurking on the forum hoping for someone, to throw us a bone and take us away, vicariously, for a little while. Hint, hint zusbin.

Good reporting and thank you.

Edited: 29 April 2017, 07:32
New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
954 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

I second BVIGUY! You have it in your blood now and I don't think there is hope of recovery.

Zubsin-I don't blame you for wanting to disconnect but we do expect full details when you re-enter the real world!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,983 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

I have thoroughly enjoyed you reports. Thanks for igniting the VG fire in me again :)

Springfield, VA
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

As I sit on my couch in Virginia I am catching myself laughing at your posts. We just got home Tuesday and I still have vacation brain....I miss worrying about "did I apply sunscreen to the tops of my feet, how much ice is in the cooler, and Chez Bamboo or Hog Heaven tonight?)

Edited: 01 May 2017, 07:26
Nashville
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
9. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

I love your trip report and have felt that way many times in the BVI. I bet by now you are planning your next trip down there if you aren't already doing it. We return in 3 weeks and i can't stop thinking about it...

10. Re: Trip report - day 8 - Can't believe it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations