We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which excursion?

Minnesota
Level Contributor
157 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Which excursion?

HI

Last year we went to Anguilla and loved it. We are deciding between a daytrip to Prickly Pear, or one that goes to cReole Rock, where we have been, Anguilla, and Tintamarre. My husband would really like to see turtles, but Prickly Pear looks better overall, since we have been the other 2 places. Is it "turtle season" the last week in March? Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
247 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which excursion?

a great excursión is going to Saint Barth most of the people says they loved it others said it was a small and boring place.Go to Saint Barth and hire a car and do it all by yourself go to lorient beach and les salines beach.visit gustavía there are beautiful yachts at the marina www.greatbayferry.com

Edited: 21 March 2017, 05:13
Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which excursion?

Turtles are around all year long.

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
322 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which excursion?

Tintamarre and swimming with the turtles was the highlight of my trip.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which excursion?

I haven't been to Prickly Pear in years but I do not remember seeing turtles out there. But it is by far the best general snorkeling. Creole Rock is a good place to see turtles, more so when scuba diving than snorkeling, but there is not much else to see worth it IMHO. If it were my decision, and I was not scuba diving, it would be Prickly Pear.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which excursion?

I agree with you on st barthelemy .we are spending nine weeks in st martin next winter,and we will definitely go to st Barthelemy a few times.

My only comment ( and I love shopping) are the prices of stores there.Please don't expect to see bargains! They are all high end stores such as Prada,Louis Vuitton,Chanel petit Bateau ,I'm sûre you get the idea!

This past April we took a cruise where it the scedule was one night in St martin.( we have been taking cruises for a few years to find a place for winter.Every time we went to St martin,we fell in love with it.To us,we both decided that we could imagine spending our winters there,so we are going for it!

Back to st Barthes,everything is $$$$. Example we went swimming to a few beaches. Which,are simply gorgeous! I finally took my bathing suit off,under a loose dress.i didn't mind being braless since I had a vey loose dress,however the feeling of not having underwear ,was a little too liberal for my taste.I knew the brands at some lingerie shops,and knew it would be expensive.Somwe stopped at a sports shop.I bought a very basic pair of corton underwear. Price - 42 euros! We then met people from the cruise.This gentleman cut himself.He stopped at a pharmacy: 12 euros for 3 bandaids! We are not cheap,and like every woman I love to shop. I must say that I found the prices very expensive for " needed" items. moral of the story,we intend to do an overnight trip next winter,but you can be sure I will not forget my undies! It's a must see island if you have time to go.Going up the mountains( roads) there are spectacular beaches everywhere! When I think of the gorgeous beaches we saw,I forget about the underwear purchase :))))

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Which excursion?

Thanks for mentioning St Barts, I will be there in January and want to take the ferry there.

Reply to: Which excursion?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted