We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another honeymooner...

1 post
Save Topic
Another honeymooner...

Hello all,

My fiancee and I will be honeymooning on St Maarten/St Martin (we're booked at the Princess Heights) from Monday the 4th of October through Sunday the 10th. We'll be doing a lot of cooking in, but I'd like to take her to at least one really nice dinner; any recommendations? Anyone know of some nice secluded beach spots that're good for romantic picnics you'd like to share? :-)

We'll be renting a car; I got a quote from Kenny's, but was wondering if I'd be better off going cheaper through Orbitz (Ace/Europcar/etc. were all a good $50 or so less). I don't need anything fancy as far as the car is concerned, but am wondering if the service is worth the extra.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,315 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another honeymooner...

La Vie en Rose in Marigot is a real special dining experience for that special occasion. On your honeymoon and cooking in most of the time?? St. Martin is the culinary capital of the Caribbean (per most reviews) enjoy the dining experience and save the cooking in for when you arrive back home.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,913 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another honeymooner...

Congratulations & Best Wishes !

May I second La Vie En Rose.

The dining room in this balconied second-floor restaurant evokes a tropical version of Paris in the 1920s, thanks to flower boxes, gold gilt mirrors, arches, ceiling fans, candlelight, and time-honored culinary showmanship to match the show-stopping harbor views. The menu is classic French, with Caribbean overtones.

Hours Mon-Sat noon-3pm; daily 6:30-10pm Location Bd. de France at Rue de la République, Marigot, St. Martin Reservations Reservations recommended Phone 590/87-54-42

Try Long Beach......never anyone around...no shade.....

Kenny's is probably worth the extra bucks......

3. Re: Another honeymooner...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 15:16