We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety question

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Safety question

I was doing research for possible future trips to islands, and read the part under Crime, which confirmed many things I have been reading.

…state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_981.html

I find it incredible that the Cancun/mexico forums are laden with safety concerns, etc. yet nothing on this forum reflects the issue with crime.

Why is that? Not reported? People don't post on here?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety question

There is crime reported on this forum as there is crime every where. But not to the extent of the crime in Mexico or any city or town in the good old USofA.

Yardley...
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety question

crime is a hot topic here between those who acknowledge it and take proper precautions as you should everywhere, those who won't acknowledge it and those who prefer to exaggerate it! did you even do a search in this forum?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety question

Yes, I did. However, I have heard a couple of personal stories and heard some great stories.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
Level Contributor
10,451 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety question

So then, what is the question?

5. Re: Safety question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 14:18