We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande and jogging

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Grande and jogging

My wife and I are avid runners. We are considering Sandals Grande. Can you run off the property safely on highway or along the beach. It has been awhile since I was there. I can't remember the beach length. I know they have a big park at the end with some very tough up hill running. Thats why I am looking for an easier route! Any help would be great. Thanks.

Cypress, Texas
Level Contributor
394 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Grande and jogging

There must be one runner out there. Thanks.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Grande and jogging

I’m no runner but … The beach is about 550 yards (about 400 of it in front of the Grande). I don’t have a good feel for what normal traffic is like on the Pigeon Island causeway, so I don’t know how safe it is but it is your typical island road. I think a circuit around the property (beach to road to beach) would still be under a mile. If the traffic isn’t bad, you could run up the road to The Landing, hit that beach (about 620 yards of beach there), and then head back which might add a mile. You can get some idea of the area on Google Earth – zoom in around 14 05N 60 57W.

3. Re: Sandals Grande and jogging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 16:19