We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Hi everyone!

My fiancé and I are staying at Cap Maison in a few months, and as I am just TOO excited, I'm starting to do my research now - a few months early!

We love to just relax and do nothing but figured that St Lucia is just too beautiful to stay in the same resort. So - are there any amazing excursions you would recommend?

We would love to take a trip to The Jalousie, and use their beach - is this allowed? Also does anyone know if there's a boat trip that goes from Cap Maison/Rodney Bay area to the Jalouise/Pitons area? I suspect there must be, but cant seem to find anything on google, hence why I'm posting here :-)

Thanks and any tips or recommendations would be greatly welcomed, thank you!

M & J xx

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

The most popular and best excursion takes you down the west coast to Soufriere. There are day sails, land based and land & sea tours to Soufriere. They don't go to Jalousie per se, but to the nearby marine park for some snorkeling. I suggest a day sail - the Pitons are an astoundingly spectacular site on the approach from the ocean - they jut up out of the water to a height of more than 2400ft - truly awesome and the whole region surrounding Soufriere is very beautiful.

Edited: 17 December 2010, 08:11
madison wisconsin
Level Contributor
926 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Try Captain Tom at Exodus Charters. He'll cater your trip however you want it and provides refreshments, etc. Here's the link.

http://exodusstlucia.com/

Otherwise, there's Andre at Saluna Watersports next to Bay Gardens Beach Resort in Rodney Bay. Here's his link:

http://www.saluna-watersports.com/

I highly suggest doing a land/sea excursion (or just sea) to the south side of island; snorkel between the Pitons; see Marigot Bay, Soufrierre, etc. Might want to find some other folks to go in on it with you.

There's plenty of companies/locals that do this, and it's highly recommended. You could always check with your hotel too.

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Thank you both very much :-) xxx

Soufriere, St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,306 posts
4. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Come to St. Lucia's most beautiful beach in mystical Anse l'Ivrogne (Sevoigne in Kweyol). Located within The Pitons World Heritage Site between the sea and the Gros Piton.

Snorkel the Marine Reserve reef, hike the Piton or just relax on woven grass lounge chairs under a grass roof shelter. Then enjoy lunch at St. Lucia's only Farm-to-Table Carib Beach BBQ.

Check out TripAdvisor->Soufriere->Things To Do->Zion Lion Farm.

Bless up! Paul

PS: I have a watertaxi available for romantic tours

Castries, St. Lucia
4 posts
5. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

If you are staying at Cap Maison, you may want to use our boat the "Cap Maison 1" .It's a 46 foot Luxury Sea Ray which you may take from its Berth at The Landings. Please refer to our website for more details. You are definitely allowed to use the beach at Jalousie and i would also recommend having lunch or a cocktail at Ladera hotel (jaw dropping views!) whilst you are down there. A hike up one of the Pitons is also recommended as the views are simply amazing. There is a lot to do in this area of St Lucia and i am only skimming the surface here, so please let me know if you want more ideas

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Sorry ive only just seen these posts! Thank you so much!! And thank you Paul as well, we'll bear you in mind :) Matthew - Do you work at the hotel? I have just emailed them about the use of the boat and for a rates list :) we are so excited about our first ever trip to St Lucia. Thanks for your tip about ladera - I wouldn't have known about that so thank you for the info! is a boat the best way to have a day trip to jalousie then? Which restaurants would you recommend on the island? Thanks again x

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Sorry ive only just seen these posts! Thank you so much!! And thank you Paul as well, we'll bear you in mind :) Matthew - Do you work at the hotel? I have just emailed them about the use of the boat and for a rates list :) we are so excited about our first ever trip to St Lucia. Thanks for your tip about ladera - I wouldn't have known about that so thank you for the info! is a boat the best way to have a day trip to jalousie then? Which restaurants would you recommend on the island? Thanks again x

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,488 posts
127 reviews
8. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Matthew does in fact work at the hotel Cap Maison. I saw the green flash with him (and my husband missed it 'cause he didn't pay attention!)

London
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

Hi - whats the green flash? Am I being dumb?! If this is an excursion I am liking the sound of it! Haha xx

Toronto
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
67 reviews
10. Re: Best excursions to do in St Lucia?

when the conditions are right you can see a flash of green light at sunrise and at sunset - www.sunsets.com/page.php…